Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is emerald green metallic, what color of pearl or any color would look good on this truck for ghost flames.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Badriand, thats up to you, you are the only person who knows what you like. You could ideally use nearly any color they offer and come out with good results, but only you will know if you like it. If your not daring any color within the spectrum of green(blue, green, yellow, gold, "white" or any shade therien) will always go nicely, it the safe way to go. If your more daring than most you could chose a off color like red, orange, or something like that, only you can chose because only you know what you like. I would chose a gold or yellow or white, but thats just my personal taste. Do what you like, not what others like.

HK

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, what ever happened to your posts onstep by step guide for ghost flames, was looking for it but could not find.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I didn't post it, if you would like it send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you, or you could also just look in the HR.com Knowledge base in the exsterior section, you will find other step by steps and how to's.

HK

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at photos badriand pic of truck and let me know what you think for a color. I was thinking a purple pearl. You said white and that got me think also. White might look cool also

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Personally I'm not a big fan of purple anything so I would of course have to go with white. It all depends on how wild you want the truck to look. A white will give a frosted green look depending on how much pearl you use. Purple like I said I don't like personally, but on a green base it doesn't sound very apealing to me, but if you like it go for it. White would not be eye popping whoa type look, more like a subdewed smooth look, I think in your case unless your looking for something that is flashy, use white, but that just my opinion. Go with what you'll like, you have to look at it and drive it everyday.

HK

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Originally posted by badriand:
<strong>Just a white pearl shot about 2 or 3 times?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would recommend practicing on something else first. I thought it would take much more than it did when I did my flames. I used 1/8 teaspoon 4 ounces of clear and just dusted on one very light coat with a detail gun. Pearl goes a long,long ways. I then shot three coats of clear over it.

I guess it depends on whether or not you want them to show all the time. I dusted a second coat of a different color over the tips of the flames and show more than the body.

Again, practice before you do the real thing or you may be unhappy. Remember that the pearl will show more out in the sun than inside under lamps.

Chris

[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: TurboS10 ]</p>

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,126 Posts
my 2 cents worth of color criticing. blue looks good with green, or another shade of green.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts