Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS!!!

i just bought a 400 sbc from a guy i found in the paper... when i got it he told me it had all kinds of goodies and what not....

Long story short he said it had forged pistons in it,,,, well i pulled the head off today and i dont think it is a forged at all.... i think it is just a flat top hypereutectic piston :(

well i have been trying to figure out what kind of piston it really is.. and what the C.R is going to be with a 64cc head?????

the number on the piston is H400P.STD,,,,, AND BELOW THAT IS 03-020-06-C AND IT DOES HAVE 4 VALVE REILIEFS.......
I DO KNOW IT IS A AFTERMARKET .STD FLAT TOP PISTON BUT WHAT KIND???? :confused:

any help with these would be great,,,,,,,,,,,,, thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I would say they are Speed Pro hypereutectic, do they have the black coating on the skirt? If they do then they are good pistons, they have their limits but for high perf. street they will work just fine. The book says about 10.5:1 with 64 cc heads but that all depends on your deck height, head gasket thickness etc. If you are close to zero deck and running iron heads then it would be a little much for pump gas. You'll have to do some measuring to find your deck height and if you could step up to alum. heads it would work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts