Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1950 gmc long bed and i would like to make it a short bed,when i got the truck it had no bed but i have ran across a short bed ,should i take some out of the frame or find a short bed frame the frame i have is in good shape. also i was wanting to know who sells the cross member that welds in in the front to bolt a arms from a monte or cutlass to it .

·
Official Hotrod Forester
75 Posts
You can cut a section out of the frame and weld it back together shorter if all you want ot do is shorten it. Just measure it 2x and cut 1x. I like to make a z shaped cut so that the weld is not just strait down. Allows for a stronger joint. Plate the joint and box the back side and you will be fine.

As far as the front, there are alot of mustang II front frame cross members but I do not know of any for a monte or cutlas. I have used Camaro's and Nova for these frames before. But those are alot of work. If you are going to shorten and clip the frame, why not think S10 frame. In the long run it might just be less work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.