Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going from a 200r4 to a glide. Trans is hung. Ready to go except for the linkage.

I know the trans has a manual valve body. But I don't know if it's a reverse manual valvebody. Is there anyway to tell? (Other than the obvious fill it up with fluid and watch the wheels.)

To be totally honest I don't totally understand how a RMVB pattern works. I know you pull from 1st to 2nd on a RMVB. But are P, R, and N still in the same place as a standard pattern? Pushing the linkage forward the last detent moves alot farther than the other detants. So I'd assume thats still park.

Also I was going to try and keep the factory shifter (grand national) because it looks like a factory install. I don't want to ruin the whole sleeper look with the huge ratchet shifter. Anyone have any suggestions to do this? Or know of a decent shifter that doesn't look like it belongs on the space shuttle?

I saw these cheap shifters on ebay. But they don't look like they have any detents? Anyone run one? I figure if I have a RMVB I don't have to worrie about missing 2nd and shifting up into other gears.... :dunno:
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.