Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was hoping someone could tell me a good &simple way to put a kill switch in my monte carlo just something so it won't start.I'm a young guy&this is my first car&I'm kinda broke&don't want it stolen a couple of weeks ago me&a girl were out&when we came out her ignition had been popd but it was an anti theft vehicle so it wouldn't stay running&st.louis is real bad for car thieves ..well thanx &sorry I [email protected]!

·
My 2 cents worth
2,843 Posts
Does it have an electric in tank fuel pump?

What type of distributor/ignition does it have?

Do you have, or can you get a wiring schematic for it? (I will look through mine)

There are many ways to install a kill switch, with or without having to open the hood.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
cutthroatkid said:
Hey I was hoping someone could tell me a good &simple way to put a kill switch in my monte carlo
My choice for something to stop a casual thief, would be to mount a relay that would interrupt the 12vdc feed to the HEI distributor.

Done correctly, it can be fairly well hidden from view, and operated by a hidden toggle switch from inside the car.

The wire that supplies 12vdc to the distributor is marked on the coil cover of the HEI.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
cutthroatkid said:
I just got my licensce Thursday I'm excited&were suppose to take it to the track next week for the 1st time!
It shows a hell of a lot of maturity IMO to wait to take it to the track to see what it will do. So good and I hope you all have a lot of fun with it!

·
My 2 cents worth
2,843 Posts
I have 6 'car alarms' that are perfect anti theft devices. The cars would not start, or either crank over.

The after-market alarm modules made in China, only last about 4 years here.

Here is an example, of what I have wired up. Turn the key on, push in the cigarette lighter, and turn on your running lights, to activate two relays. One wired into the pickup coil, and one wired into the starter cranking wire. With the key in the cranking position only.

There are many ways to do this without using a single toggle switch.

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id like to use a toggle switch,I worked for this car till my grandpa thought I earned it he built the engine for me I have another post telling all about the engine he could of put in one easily but he passed away not to long ago it sucks because I was just starting to learn!&when the girl I was out with her car had an alarm&they still tryd I only have liability just need something simple to not start it I'm still new to this don't know much,&yeah I can't wait to go to the track I just bought a helmet&I'm trading some 33 plymouth parts for some drag radials&were putting the blower back!Its gonna be a flipping gnarly!thanx guys this site is rad!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.