Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with some questions I have about some body work on my Mustang. This is my first car and I have had it since 1978. I started doing some body work years ago and was in a wreck that has left me disabled. I now started to work on the car when I can and found some rust damage in the area of the back window in the upper corner under so factory lead work.The car did and will have a vinyl top. One side has a hole and the other side didn’t go through. I need to know if there is a product that I can fill the area with instead of replacing the area with new metal if possible because of being tight on money and not having a welder. The car is going to be a driver not a show car. I have done body work years ago and need to know what filler and a primer I can use as I do panel by panel. Because of my medical problem it is going to take me awhile. I would like to be able to drive the car as I am doing the body work so I need a primer to seal out water. I have most tools except a welder. The rest of the car is rust free and in very good condition besides paint. I have photos of the area in my album.
Thanks Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can use fiberglass for any rust though.Any areas that are not rusted though you can cover with por-15 paint this will stop the rust.Call a auto body supply store and they should be able to tell you what to use for priming. good luck!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts