Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Big Block 454
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is for model specific to a 1967 Nova. I crushed my rear sump pan while on a cruise, :nono: I have 2" drop spindles on the car. I am switching to the orignal front sump pan for the 62-67 Chevy ll with V8. My block is from '67, The aftermarket rear sump pan took the thick front seal, look at the pics and see if that thick seal will work with the orignal pan. :confused: The other pic shows the thin front seal.

Attachments

·
More for Less Racer
20,935 Posts
The front sump Chevy II pans are usually made to take the thin front seal. It looks that way in your picture too.

Test is : Put the pan against the block without the gasket, if you could slide a .010" feller gauge through the pan to timing cover gap, it takes the thick seal.

Or put the two pans face down on a flat surface and compare.

·
Big Block 454
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try the feeler gauge, but with the aftermarket timing cover I'm :confused: It would seem that crushing this thick gasket will cause a major oil leak, or will it snug up very tight?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.