Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

my short question is- seems like im peace mealing the rear with mixed parts, im considering getting a ridetech front kit all in one- but for the rear, my checklist is subframe connectors, landrum springs (200 lbs) and a 1 inch rear sway bar.. is it ok to mix these components as they all seem to perform separate tasks-

200 is about the max for the street correct? worth converting from leaf in the rear? I understand these things cost $ but i really dont want to dump a ton in - 600-800 is about my budget for the rear.. probably about 1400 for the front if I decide to go with a full kit there-

Long version~

so got my 8.5 done this week thanks to u smart guys-

I have a bushing kit on the way for the rear and want to tackle the rear suspension and axle all in one-

I have a summit rear sway bar still in the box, Im considering adding subframe connectors too to to improve the rear end.. I also have those ugly summit neon green things that clamp onto the leaf springs to stop the axle twist but might go another route.

Now I lifted the rear 3 inches for the tires - and i have my eyes on a pair of landrum 200obs rear leafs im going to snag- for a nova (if they dont work ill resell em locally).. i read the nova springs do add height (which I want)..

my springs were the original rear for a i6/250 from the factory-

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point! apologies- currently I have severe side roll in the rear end.. I just want to improve the handling overall.. I dont throw it around at corners but do like to drive spirited- the suspension is like an old bed - i want to firm things up a bit and improve overall handling- the rear end is currently my focus so I can get the axle back in - summer approaching and glad i put in the posi unit-

You've stated what you have and what you have to work with but not your end goal.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,822 Posts
What car?
I’ll assume Nova
There’s nothing wrong with the mono leaf set up although I’m unsure if the rate you need or what rate the OEM’s are/were.
The sway bar will help a lot.
How did you raise the rear for tire clearance?
Are you going for the nose down/ass up look?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi - 77 camaro, i got the nova springs cos they do add height to the camaros.. yes leaf spring currently.

Spring rate is 200- i got a reply from landrum and he said the spring i mentioned was an excellent candidate - 200lbs mono leaf..

jason - kind of, not too crazy but I do have 275s in the back and like it a little raised, i extended the rear steel plates by cutting/welding them- im probably going to redo it (was 12 years ago).. it just adds alot of sway due to the geometry on the shackles is even more after lengthening them..

i guess the rear is a bit of a mixed bag then, sway, subframe connectors and

1 - 7 of 7 Posts