Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1988 chevy 1500 silverado truck 350 I always start at number one plug and go from there, and when i traced the #1 plug wire to the distributor, it was in front of the distributor screw on passenger side or were #4 wire should be i believe. but it was in firing order, 18436572 the distributor does not look like its been pulled out . the guy just put this engine in it from another same year model truck,but havent ran it much cause the truck sat up for about 3 years and had about 10 gallons of old gas and they tried adding new gas but wouldnt hardly run . I had to get tank redone. so i only had a chance to hear it run for about 5 minutes .So should i just put the wires on or move wires to were they should be. and on the cap ,is #1 in front of screw on cap on right side,or the next one going to the left. This is the small cap with coil mounted beside distributor.. any help would be great. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.