Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1979 malibu 355 engine.... cola crankshaft... manley rods... wiseco flat top pistons... 194 heads... victor jr intake... holley vac.sec 600cfm carb... proform geardrive... tci street rattler damper... accel dist. hughes turbo 350 with hughes 3500 stall converter... 373 richmond gears... strange axels c clip eliminators... the problem im having is after car is warmed up to operating temp of 190 . put the car in gear and will instantly stumble and die when i give it gas. the car will move on its own without giving it any gas, but if i give it gas it will die each time. the cam is a elgin cam 230 230 480 lift 110 lobe center. ive tried to turn up idle and advance dist. same thing. dropped pan the other day trans fluid looked great... no noises from trans or converter. this is a fast car . i had it out on street back in august and it worked fine ... not streetable yet due to windshield... what could be the problem i wonder... ???

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
With the engine off, eye inside the primary of the carb, move the throttle, you should see 2 streams of fuel spray into the venturi`s, if it sprays none, or delays then sprays the problem is the accelerator pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.