Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 26T coupe that I bought in aug 2006 it's my retirement toy,had lots of rods in the 50's&60's but none since then.The car looks nice,but has lots of chips and I think the front was repainted at one time (it's darker and more metallic than doors and trunk.I want to repaint it myself and am limited to not too many colors because the interior is a reddish-maroon and I don't want to re-upholster because it"s in perfect shape.Now for the questions. I think the paint is lacquer,can I paint over it or do I have to strip it?(I hope not).I'm thinking about the flat black or shiney black,or silver,What do you guys think? Also does any one recognize this car? I bought it from a guy in Ohio,he got it in Florida,And it was built in California,I was told it had a matching trailer at one time that I would love to have,It has a souped up 4 cyl datsun with a 5 speed with OD.Runs real good.I am enclosing some pics Give me your opinions!
Oh I forgot to mention I'm going to DRIVE this car,I got a couple paint estaments and I dont want to spend half a years income on a paint job!(one was over 5 thou.I have a compressor and hvlp,but never painted a car,so I'm looking for the cheapest and easiest way.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders.com. It would be best to ask this question in the Body/Exterior forum. We have several professional painters who hang out there and can easily answer your question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts