Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some kinda electrical problem in my 01 gmc. Sometimes it's not startin right or at all. It will turn eventually, but the first few times it will start....then die. And sometimes when I am driving, the radio cuts off for a second, the battery light comes on....and then a second later it all works fine. Sounds to my limited experience that it's somethin with a loose connection maybe. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would clean all of my battery terminals and test the battery first. If the problem persists check your wiring from the ignition (under the dash) for cuts, frays, burn marks. Buy a Haynes Maual and while you are at the auto-parts store you might have them test your alternator ( they'll test them anywhere-AutoZone, Checkers, whatever)

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Links

Doc here :pimp:

Look at your fusible links. Should be coming off the Starter Solenoid, on the BIG bolt with the main cable. Sounds like that bolt is loose Causing the starter and electrics to become intermittent.

It may also be the solenoid itself. heating up and going intermittent.

Don't forget to disconnect the Battery before you work on that solenoid.

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help guys...i messed with it today and i'm gonna look at it on Monday...i'll keep ya posted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts