Quote "RED FLAGS FOR BAD TITLES
There’s probably no way to be 100% certain that you have a proper title, but there are some signs to look out for. The red flags should start flying if you see any of these conditions. More than one of these is particularly troublesome.
* The vehicle has an out of state title
* The vehicle was recently brought in to your state, and has just been issued a new title
* The vin plate attached to the car shows signs of tampering, or is obscured from plain view
* The vehicle’s history does not confirm what the seller has told you
* The lines and text on the title are not razor sharp"