Hot Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered a project of a lifetime. I ran up on a guy who has a roadrunner that he wants to sell for $2000. It has a hemi in it and it's running but it needs rebuilding. I don't care nothing about that car I just want to overhaul the hemi and put it in my 4 door cutlass supreme. I was wondering what would I have to change to put the engine in my cutlass. Any help with this would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
We are going to have to see pictures of this one..........................Not saying we don't believe you, but....come on now? Why would you want to put a Hemi from a rare car into a 4dr Cutlass?

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
The word TROLL comes to mind right away poncho!!! No-one in their right mind would put a hemi in a 4dr olds...no-one!!!!!! So...this guys crazy....right....or a troll!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
So let me get this straight. You want to take a 426 hemi out of a Road Runner a car that you say you can buy for $2000 and when restored would be worth probably $40,000+ and you want to put that valuable engine in a POS 4 door Cutlass that on its best day would be worth $1500?

Sorry but I don't think you're gong to make many friends doing that. Even Chevy and Ford guys understand the idiocy of what you're suggesting. DON'T DO IT! Not only would it be a waist of a good hemi but a very poor investment. You would spend 5 grand to rebuild the hemi and it would be worth about $10 grand when you were done. Once you put it in the Cutlass it's still worth only 10 grand and that would be for the whole car. In the Road Runner its incredibly valuable, especially if its numbers matching. Then it could be worth $60 grand on a good day.

Now do you see how stupid your suggestion is? A big waist of time and money on your part and you would be responsible for the destruction of a valuable Mopar at the same time. Won't make many friends that way.

Centerline

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
Even Chevy and Ford guys understand??????

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Centerline..................lol

·
I need a bucket of arc sparks
895 Posts
Maybe he should take his imaginary car, engine and go off to Ricerville. I say he is full of it and is a troll troll troll.

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
I have to agree, lets not talk this foolishness any longer.

Thread locked.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.