Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In (a very late!) response to squeezing a hemi into a small car, here is one of the cleanest I have ever seen. This car showed up at the 1999 California Hot Rod Reunion. Haven't seen it since. If this guy could do it, you could easily fit one into a gremlin!

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Herbie? I dont think so. LOL
Thats a wild ride I bet. I wonder if its a real old time bug or one of the V8 VW kits??
Looks cool as heck though. HG:thumbup:

· Start those projects someday
992 Posts
I've seen that car at the Pismo fathers day show every year. That car has inspired me to put my 327 in the 70 bug. (Yea right, like in my spare time). I bought a model at the hobby shop and roughed out the idea in plastic. It looks real cool. Extended hood and frame and open hood sides to see the engine. I think the guy is out of SoCal somewhere. Surprisingly the seat doesn't sit that far back .

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Ive no doubt that the Hemi woulda fit in the Gremlin. But like a dumb ***, I sold the hemi, then everyone I tried to buy either fell thru or went to hi.
I just decided to use the sbc and drop the blower on it. Hg

· Banned
2,106 Posts
HemmiGremmie said:
Herbie? I dont think so. LOL
Thats a wild ride I bet. I wonder if its a real old time bug or one of the V8 VW kits??
Looks cool as heck though. HG:thumbup:
you wouldn't happen to have a link to one of those kits would you? i have never heard of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.