Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classic Performance Products is tooling up to produce this one next month. What caught my attention was that this master cylinder incorporates the proportioning and residual valves INSIDE! And the are user adjustable. It's a forged unit rather than billet and they will let this little beauty go for $185. Shoot, a nice chrome GM doulble master goes for just about that much.
This is the nicest one I have found thus far...anyone have something better? I am in the hunt...

http://www.semaphotos.com/default.a4d?tpl=imageSingle&source=&model=vintage&ImageID=SEM2004110235569

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be placing an order for one here real soon. They don't show fulfillment until Feb/March so I won't have much to say until darn near spring! I guess that will give me time to pick a power booster first. I'm torn between a double 7" and a single 8". Either way I think with my big cam I'll be looking at an auxiliary pump:confused: . At least they are finally taking orders!
This little unit won them a "Best new product" award under the classic restoration category at SEMA.
I hope it works as advertised. I'm a little leery of first generation mechanical products.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you can, keep us posted on what you think of the unit. Would really appreciate that.

I agree with the concern regarding the first generation "something". Generally I'll buy something and then see the "new and improved" version soon after.

Thanks for posting the information on the master cylinder. I was considering the one from SSBC but it is a little pricey.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will keep posting when I start the install. This will be my first after market master so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
When I first talked to CPP about 2 months ago I believe the intent was to have the adjustability range wide enough to accommodate 4 wheel disc. I recall they mentioned that it had enough volume for disc/drum but for a 4 disc it might need an external reservoir. You would also need to be able to adjust the rear circuits residual line pressure to 0. I'm sure a quick call would be the easiest way to get the straight poop on the unit.
I also was considering the SS Brakes billet unit but I was leaning towards a chrome GM unit just because of the price. Ain't looking at them no more!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.