Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1948 Rat Rod, LS 5.3, 5 speed
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.....I’m running a LS 5.3 in a 48 Ford Rat Pick-Up. It runs like a dream If you’re a Granny. I expected to have more throttle response from the fly by wire TAC Control. If you’re a Granny and baby the throttle, everything works perfect. If you snap the pedal, there is a noticeable hesitation and then catches hold a second later. Bothers the crap out of me. I know it’s all computer controlled with no adjustments. The PCM, BCM and TAC are all factory stock, right out of the junkyard.

Anybody want to chime in on this?

It‘s a 2003 LS engine, bone stock.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,981 Posts
My 2004 DBW 5.3 snaps instantly. I was worried about the lag but it is non existent, so it's not a permanent issue.
I can't remember if there was a lag before all the reprogramming I did though.
As mentioned, start with a tune, by someone who knows what they're doing and you'll be enjoying your motor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2004 DBW 5.3 snaps instantly. I was worried about the lag but it is non existent, so it's not a permanent issue.
As mentioned, start with a tune, by someone who knows what they're doing and you'll be enjoying your motor.
Thanks 123pugsy for the info. Looks like a tune is in order.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello 123pugsy.....Does this site have a Private Message option? I didn’t see one anywhere. I wanted to send you a PM with my email address. I have a bunch of questions about HP Tuners and don’t want to clog up the Forum with my jibber jabber. I would love to exchange some photos as well.

Thx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sent you a PM, err....Conversation.
Greetings from Winston Salem NC! This is my second attempt to send you a PM or Conversation. I was about half way through when I switched over to my camera and lost everything. This HotRodders new web site is crappy!

anywho...I was interested to find out more about HP Tuners. So far my exposer to them is seeing their ads online. so what kind of US Dollars are we talking about? I guess that would include the software, equipment and license for individual cars. I’m clueless.

I’ll keep this one short because I don’t want to lose my typing again. Here’s a photo of my ‘48 Rat. Built right here in my garage. I did all the work.

if you feel comfortable with the Conversations that’s fine. I’ll include my email if that’s better for you.

thanks,

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,981 Posts
You should edit your email out before the spammers find it.
I'll post up some info later here on this thread so others can see as well.

If something happens when typing a response, I've found opening another tab and opening Hotrodders again, going to the thread or conversation you were on, the stuff you typed is still there. Just don't do anything with the one that screwed up.

This new format is a LOT better than the old one when you learn it's quirks.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,981 Posts
HP Tuners store:

I contacted tech support and they told me I don't need certain things, but I did end up getting a wide band o2 sensor.
I used a back door method to get access to it thru an AC wire that goes to the ECM, but not easy. The way to do it is out there, but I lost all my bookmarks when I changed computers.

HP Tuners Store

Summit Racing sells this also, as do several sources. Google for best pricing. It comes with the cable to your laptop even though it's not in the photo. Two licence credits included. Chevy basic ECM's use two to unlock to make changes. If credits are not used, one can only scan but not make changes. They are $50.00 each I believe. You can continue making changes indefinitely once the credits are applied.

Summit Racing

First thing for using HP Tuners, if you do get so inclined is to read up on the forum. Basics need to be learned and there are a lot of them.

Forum

Youtube:

This guy is terrific. Lot's of videos.

Goat Rope Garage

This should give you about eight weeks of reading.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.