Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an autometer procomp memory tach for $25. you wanna be the odds maker or taker on how it performs next to my sunpro?
will a $25 procomp tach work worth a darn?
will a $25 procomp tach work at all?
soon as i get it hooked up, i'll let you know.
any specific procedure or test you'd like me to perform?

later. me.:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Thanks Chickie, you can put the red ball gag away now.:rolleyes: :p

You got a digital readout timing light Larry?

...and no you can't borrow my Snap-On!:thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Actually if you hook them up with the same wires side by side you can compare how quickly the needle sweeps as the engine revs, you might be surprised.

If your familiar with wormhole travel you can drop by and borrow the light, I could send a cosmic singularity to your house but my aim ain't what it used to be...sometimes I miss and relocate someones house to another epoch.

Got any neighbors causing you trouble? I can hit a 500 yard by 500 yard spot from here but it could land anywhere inside that area.

Remember you can only travel nude.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4Jaw, I've allready been there and gone. thanks for letting me use it, i put it back right where i found it.:thumbup: tell Chickie thanks for the pie. the pumpkin pie 4Jaw, the pumpkin pie.....
did i leave my tinfoil hat there?

i was going to do what you suggested, hook both up and watch..... I'll get pics.:D

the guy i got it from told me that per his digital light, it was @20 rpms off..... i wonder which would be right?:p maybe, it was his timing lite that was off?.....;)

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
bonuts said:
You're one wierd guy 4Jaw, one wierd guy:thumbup:

bonuts
You should see me at the "broadway show tunes" karaoke night at the local chinese restaurant.

I rock!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tach update.....

ok. i'm surprised. the sunpro wraps up higher on a throttle blip than the autometer does. holding a steady rpm, the sunpro reads about 150 rpms higher than the autometer.....
and like i said, say for instance, the sunpro will zip to 4400 rpm, the autometer is going to hit 4000...
the digital timing light should be here early next week..... maybe by then, i'll be able to find my digital camera.....:rolleyes: :confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Hmmmm...one that reads high? All the ones I had read low, like 1000 rpm low at 6000 rpm and lagged 1500 rpm or so during throttle blips.

Not the thing you exactly want during a drag race, quality gauges are money well spent.;)

BTW The old lady said she saw you leaving through the worm hole...when I said nude I didn't mean hairless!:eek: :D :thumbup:

...but seriously folks...

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no hair = less drag.
you know how it sucks to have drag in the time space continuum.
:pimp:

nevermind the fact that my old lady digs it.:thumbup: :p :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts