Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4cycl.. 2.3l 1988 for hatchback automatic.. its quite slow and would like some tips on how to boost the speed up :) its full injected.. and ive heard they have a carborator manifold for these years to convert them to using a carborator. Would this make it faster?? if u know any sights that might help me with this please let me know.. I've also heard/read a little bit about being able to fit a V8 Smallblock in the car... so any advice please let me kno

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I recall those things had 88hp. You probably would be better off starting with something different...like the 302 mentioned above...or some form of forced induction.....which still would probably not be cost beneficial.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Having had both, the FI car will get 4 mpg more than the factory carb car of 81. A stick is no better than the AT.

As suggested, the best thing to do is trade to a V8 car. A complete driveline change is necessary for the swap, radiator to rear end. Not worth the trouble even if all the parts were free. It IS a lot of work just to do it.

The turbo 4 swap is neat, but barely 200 hp and 20 mpg.
Find a V8 car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.