Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I'm new here! But I do truly love hot rods :D lol! I'm 14 and I live in Aussie for just abit about myself! One of my fav hot rods is the 39 Ford LOVE EM! I'm looking at buying a 1954 Ford F-500 truck and I was wondering what you guys think? I'm also organising a deal for a 1968 Holden Kingswood HK 4dr Sedan Manual 6cyl 186 so I just wanted to know what you guys think? I"m also a big painter, I love it. I've got my own full gun set and airbrush, Right now I haven't actually painted a full car but the Ford or Holden will be my first one. Its so much fun! SO there we have it! SHare your knowledge so I can learn :D! PLEASE!
Thanks
TRoy

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Hey Boofis, welxome to our xommunity. Ir's great to see young people excited about cars. Post some pics if you manage to close the deal on the Holden. Lots of painters here, don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck, Dan

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man
Thanks for the welcome. I don't know how to post pictures but I'll link you. lol!
Kingswood
Theres the link. Yeah, I love cars but I hate wreckless driving on the roads, I guess Ill be unloved here! D'oh! I love crazy driving on tracks though lol! ANyway, back on topic, thanks man! I'll try to learn as much as possible bout cars. God bless!
Thanks
Troy

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Hello New Guy!!

What exactly is a Ford F-500...A PU truck or flat bed or what? I'm no to sure the troops here will know what a Holden is but friend of mine has a V8 Holden with a blower on it.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
The Holden is not popular here in the States!!

The little Pontiac GTO isn't catching on very well either and I believe its a Holden too...just not much interest in them here with so many others styles too choose from...I only heard of a holden like two yrs ago myself.....thats the one the guy put a blower on in Indonesia.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah! THe Gto is basically a monaro lol. Damn you guys and all your cars. Its no fair. So you know what Fords are right but not holden. Have you heard of the racing championship V8 Supercars? Thats Ford vs Holden, greatest Australian race in my opinion :D ANyway, in conclusion I'm not the biggest fan of holdens I love Fords. Do you guys have the same types of Fords over their :O?
Thanks
Troy

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know what company Holden is at least :p http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/vehicleentry?vehicleid=15 But thats the Holden I've taken a liking to, they need to bring that over, they already brought the Monaro or whatever over. They say the new GTO is crappy, but eh, I could deal with a crappy new ElCamino :drool:

Buuuut, I'd rather have this one if I had the choice http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?link_id=2.532 I know, its not helping your topic or anything, but I can't help but post pics of cars that we can seem to have :p

·
Member - AMC/Rambler "guru"
1,848 Posts
Troy, do a little research into the Aussie motor industry. You'll find that up until the last 10-15 years ago most Aussie cars were modified versions of those made in the parent company's country of origin. The Holden HK you mentioned looks a lot like a modified Chevy Nova from over here. I bet the running gear is, though there are a lot of body modifications -- to the point few body parts would interchange. Holden is owned by GM. Even the Monaro is based on another GM car, an Opel platform I believe. I'm not slighting the Aussie motor industry, the native companies usually modify whatever to fit the needs of you guys down under (or off to the side, whichever you prefer! :) ) better. Like the Holden V-8. It's basic GM, but used in more cars down there. Then there are things like the Utes, and the Chrysler Hemi six. So there is plenty innovation down under, even if they do start with stuff from elsewhere!

I'm a big AMC fan. Ramblers were assembled from knocked down kits by Australian Motor Industries (IMA) through around 73-74. AMC stopped using the Rambler name after 1969 in the states (started phasing out in 1966), so there were Rambler Javelins in Aussie land! That was the case in Mexico too, through 1983.

Troy, do a little research into the Aussie motor industry. You'll find that up until the last 10-15 years ago most Aussie cars were modified versions of those made in the parent company's country of origin. The Holden HK you mentioned looks a lot like a modified Chevy Nova from over here. I bet the running gear is, though there are a lot of body modifications -- to the point few body parts would interchange. Holden is owned by GM. Even the Monaro is based on another GM car, an Opel platform I believe. I'm not slighting the Aussie motor industry, the native companies usually modify whatever to fit the needs of you guys down under (or off to the side, whichever you prefer! :) ) better. Like the Holden V-8. It's basic GM, but used in more cars down there. Then there are things like the Utes, and the Chrysler Hemi six. So there is plenty innovation down under, even if they do start with stuff from elsewhere!

I'm a big AMC fan. Ramblers were assembled from knocked down kits by Australian Motor Industries (AMI) through around 73-74. AMC stopped using the Rambler name after 1969 in the states (started phasing out in 1966), so there were Rambler Javelins in Aussie land! That was the case in Mexico too, through 1983.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Close Farna but no cigar. Rambler had Matadors and Hornets in Aus but no Javelins worse luck. Holden currently make the Pontiac GTO here in South Australia as a slightly changed Monaro, Holden also export to the Asia Pacific region and South Africa, where they are badged a sa Chevy. Re the remade US vehicle idea, since 1948 Holden has been producing Aussie designed and built cars except in the seventies when Pontiacs and full sized Chevs were imported CKD from the states. Otherwise only corporate decisions were taken by the parent company in USA all desig and engineering ideas are local, now with the world car concept holden is making an Aluminium V6 in 165KW form for export worldwide. High performance and luxury versions use Gen 111 Chev smallblocks; transmissions are sourced from USA as are BW rear axles. For those interested, here are the Holden models from 1948 to 1980:
First- 1948-49 48/215 or FX / 49 - 53 FJ / 54,55 - FE / 56,57 - FC
58,59 - FB / 60,61 - EK / 62,63 EJ / 63.64 EH / 65 HD / 66,67 HR
68 HK / 69 HT / 70,71 HG / 72-75 HQ / 76 - HJ / 77 - HX / 78 -80 HZ
81 - 84 : WB

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,624 Posts
*****click here*****

/\why aussies rock, gas costs 5 bucks a gallon, and they still buy v8 cars that are not sports/muscle coupes. They still have an Aussie version of the ElCamino, and even a "crew cab" version of their Elky.

Here in the states, if you want a car, it's a v6 with front or awd for the most part... unless it's a GTO or Mustang GT... kinda boring. Gas is about 2 and a quarter for a gallon.
-matt
p.s. hi farna, chevellessls6 from amcforum.net

·
Registered
151 Posts
boofis said:
Hey
Wooooo! Go Fords! V8 Supercar Championship, FORDS RULE! Holdens suck! loL! I love the tornado, what do you think of the Typhoon? God bless!
Thanks
Troy
I forget the names of the cars but I like that boss 290 engine you guys have over there, it puts out some nice power :thumbup:

Heres the cars i was talking about, i wouldnt mind owning any of them.
ford cars

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.