Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering after reading your reply to my other post if you remeber your first time strapped in like I do? Till I actually strapped in was going to whip the world,but in hotlaps it was muddy and I couldn't even get the car to go every time I hit the gas she pointed to the wall scared me silly.And all these nuts were going by me flying all I could think was man I look stupid out here.
I was ready to load up and go home, but my brother talked me into running the heat,well as I sat in the staging lane I saw an emod flip about 6 times down the back chute,and just about crapped my pants but Iwent out any way hit the first corner the car stuck and it was on .Most fun you can have with your pants on or maybe even off sometimes been hooked ever since.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,821 Posts
Not entire appropriate for the engine discussion but... YES, I will never, can't ever....it's better then the first time with your pant's off! Know what I mean?

My mom took me too my first race when I two. She was hesitant because of the noise but I eventually won that battle. I stood against the fence the entire night not ever moving a inch. A rarity for me.

Since that day, I have always felt more relaxed and with a contentment, feeling that's where I belong, strapped in race car, then I feel catching Z's on sunday afternoon at home. Even my girlfriend understands(not really), but doesn't agree, she comes second to a passion(read: obsession) only known by me.

I'm usually a little excited nervous till we pull off and enter the racing surface. The whole world and everything in stops existing for me. My vision almost goes tunnel as the rest of the world pauses and we, the car and me...sorta get in sync, then the car start's telling me things. Like the Borg or something. Kinda cheesy, I know It's hard to explain.

My first time was kinda blurry, a little over stimulated and I kept over correcting. I couldn't get what the car was telling me. I got lapped in three of four laps. I haven't been the same since. I didn't get scared untill the first big hit the LH door on our third night out. That one bothered me a lot. I never saw that guy coming as he pushed up in four and spun me around down the front stretch. This has turned into a rambling. It's get's hard trying to tell someone what's it like. I think it's different for everybody too.

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
My first time drag racing I was nervous and did not cut a good light, but after the race was over I was hooked. Afterwards when I`d go racing I`d listen to the tune "Holiday in the sun" by the sex pistols, just to get the feeling going, the only way I could explain it was pure adreniline. I haven`t drag raced now in years, No, I didn`t loose interest, but I did in a way, since I learned the working mans money don`t compete against the drug dealers money, and when I seen some guys I knew get into dealing so they could get as big and fast as the already known dealers, I got disgusted with it all and left, I chose not to associate with that crowd anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.