Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have bean lurking around here for a while,and decided I should join. A little about me; My name is Cord,I'm 19 and I live in Arkansas near Ft. Smith.
I have been into cars for as long as I can remember and have no predigest against any car s long as it's cool,fast,or has noticeable hard work in it.
I am married with a 8 month old son who is already getting a crash course in the auto world.We will all be moving to Laramie Wyoming in about a month so i can attend Wyotech for a cert in automotive upholstery.I have owned a "few" old cars,but none mean as much to me as my Grampa's 50' ford 2-door Custom that he has given to me. So now that ya'll know a little about me let my endless questions,and my constant search for more knowledge begin !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

There ya go ! It has a 3-speed with pull cable OD,and a 4.00 stroke flathead Merc. The tranny went out on me on the way to a car show a couple of months ago and i cannot find another SO t-5 5speed here i come !
Anyway it runs like a dream,and would be my DD if it had 1st gear :thumbup:

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
Holy Mackeral, a sunvisor, whitewalls and fiesta spinners (see my photo album)- - - tell your Grandpa that I just gave him a hi-5 from the great state of Texas - - - OH, and Welcome, Cord. That is a nice car BTW :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome, and good luck at WYO tech. DO you currently work in the Auto world as a mechanic/paint body ect...? or just want to get an education to get into the upholstry world?

Nice ford by the way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Cole,and wretched ratchet would you believe that Ford is from Texas ?
Sure is,Panhandle to be exact (near Borger-Pampa-Amarillo) Thats where we all came from when we moved to Arkansas.81meano rite now i do a little side work for the local auto restorer/hot rod builder,and he said he wished i would go learn upholstery since there is nobody around here that does it.So i decided that i liked upholstery,or at least what little i had done for myself and that i enjoyed watching stuff go from a pile of foam, material,and machine turn into a master piece. Oh,and NEWINTERIORS thanx and I hope to learn from everyone on here.
Are there alot of people here in the trade ?

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
itsmecord said:
Hey Cole,and wretched ratchet would you believe that Ford is from Texas ?
Sure is,Panhandle to be exact (near Borger-Pampa-Amarillo) Thats where we all came from when we moved to Arkansas.81meano rite now i do a little side work for the local auto restorer/hot rod builder,and he said he wished i would go learn upholstery since there is nobody around here that does it.So i decided that i liked upholstery,or at least what little i had done for myself and that i enjoyed watching stuff go from a pile of foam, material,and machine turn into a master piece. Oh,and NEWINTERIORS thanx and I hope to learn from everyone on here.
Are there alot of people here in the trade ?

70,000.00 member's.. :D There's a few.. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.