Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is andrew muir im 17, my project is a 1959 Chevy Apache 31. Im really new to chevy's cause im from a ford&mopar family..

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders......your going to really like Chevy's :welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe

I dunno from what I've learned about my truck so far...I dont like chevy 350's. Ive been a ford fan all my life, :D I like 302's, im thinking about cloning the chevy 302. Either that or if i cant find a 396 ill throw it in my truck

·
Banned
211 Posts
Muir_SemperFi said:
I dunno from what I've learned about my truck so far...I dont like chevy 350's. Ive been a ford fan all my life, :D I like 302's, im thinking about cloning the chevy 302. Either that or if i cant find a 396 ill throw it in my truck
Its ok not to like the chevy small block. Lord knows there are enough people here that would cradle that engine in their arms and treat it like a baby (psssst, which it is just between you and I). I cant think of a better vehicle than that Apache to drop in a Buick, Oldsmobile, or Pontiac in. If you really like Fords take heart that the Buick has the distributor up front like a Ford but angled to the drivers side. The good thing about the Buick 350 is that it is lighter than the chevy 350. You can consider the Pontiac as well since GMC used Pontiac engines in their vehicles for a short time. I also heard GMC used Cadillac engines as well but have no reference for that. Also, if you want to fool your friends the Pontiac or Oldsmobile have the distributor in the back like a chevy.
Now, if you really want to tick the chevy folks off around here you can swap in a small block Mopar engine :eek: In the end its really up to you. But just for the :pain: factor one of the above engines would be great. So would a big block chevy. More important is what makes you happy. Ahhhhhh, could you imagine opening the hood at a cruise night with a 400 Ford between the rails? LOL, its all fun man.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe

QuenchPiston said:
Its ok not to like the chevy small block. Lord knows there are enough people here that would cradle that engine in their arms and treat it like a baby (psssst, which it is just between you and I). I cant think of a better vehicle than that Apache to drop in a Buick, Oldsmobile, or Pontiac in. If you really like Fords take heart that the Buick has the distributor up front like a Ford but angled to the drivers side. The good thing about the Buick 350 is that it is lighter than the chevy 350. You can consider the Pontiac as well since GMC used Pontiac engines in their vehicles for a short time. I also heard GMC used Cadillac engines as well but have no reference for that. Also, if you want to fool your friends the Pontiac or Oldsmobile have the distributor in the back like a chevy.
Now, if you really want to tick the chevy folks off around here you can swap in a small block Mopar engine :eek: In the end its really up to you. But just for the :pain: factor one of the above engines would be great. So would a big block chevy. More important is what makes you happy. Ahhhhhh, could you imagine opening the hood at a cruise night with a 400 Ford between the rails? LOL, its all fun man.

Your right. I've talked to my dad about letting me take the engine out of 72 cutlass s. Its got a 350 that sounds like no other small block Ive heard...but he said no :nono: but all is good ill find the right engine for the truck...hehe, then i get to worry about finding a trani and new rear axle. Get this it has a muncie 3spd!!! Im not sure of the gearing in the axle but i do know its really low because i can start up a hill in 2nd gear and almost in 3rd. hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts