Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! My name is John. I have just joined this group. My family has been into hot rodding for years. My first project was a 1947 Ford Street Rod truck. We bought it with a Nova front sub, and then we sank a chevy 355 into her.

My current project (although I havent started it yet) is to put a chevy small block 400 into my 91 Notch Back LX Mustang. I have had the car for years, and have decided that it is time to get rid of the old 2.3. I know that I am going to get alot of crap from the ford guys for this, but I love the Fox Body 'Stangs. I would put a ford mill into her, but I already have a nice chevy 400. My problem is that I have not found any one who has done such a project, and am not totally sure what it will entail. I Know that it will fit under the hood, as there is plenty of clearance. My biggest problem is going to be finding an oil pan to fit the front cross member of the the car. If any one has any advice (possitive advice anyways--lol) or any links to any sites that may specialize in this type of hybrid swap, I would greatly appreciate any help that I may get. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts