Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering if any of you know where I can find someone to help me learn how to pinstripe. I heard of a guy who offered a class in Santa Paula CA anyone know of any pinstriping classes located in Southern CA?
-Cherry

·
Registered
175 Posts
help yourself

are you artistic?
do you need help with creating your own designs and ideas?
or do you need help controling the brush?

i wouldnt spend money on the class. buy some pinstriping brushes and paints, and try different kinds of paints if your new to painting. get a peice of glass and paint!

they have books with methods and tips ect
-- youd learn more if you just started painting / and tryed to get results.

you might want to get some other regular old brushes for details and other art work.

i think the hardest part is making original knots or designs.

have you tryed striping and just cant progress like you want - or are you just starting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've gotten the mack brushes the one shot, all that. I have pretty good control and everything, but I feel like I'm on my own on this one, I don't really have anyone to tell me exactly how to pinstripe I just feel a bit lost. What makes a "good" pinstriper, I know that the lines I pull should be even and smooth, I can pull a pretty straight line and doodle around some, I guess I am just looking for someone to tell me, "hey thats good, or no that looks like crap"

·
Registered
175 Posts
poster

well post some pictures or something.
i love art
if you want to email them to me [email protected] will get them to me.
Id love to check it out.
i know where you come from on that one. kinda - in the dark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.