Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wanted to post some pics of a 54 belair Im building will include more info in next post and Hi to all the gearheads that spend time On this labor of love instead of at the store with the wife . :)

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some more pics

Ive been workin on this car for a while now I started on it about 18 mon ago doing the rust repair etc.. and It basically sat til about 6 weeks ago then I put 130 hours into it . It has a 502 a 6 speed tremec boyds wheels. It's a design on the frame I came up with to still keep a back seat and keep the exhaust inside the frame rails and Have a proper working four link that doesnt change lanes when you hit the throttle a friend of mine has an air ride car with the uneven four bar canted rearend and its a nightmare to drive hence why I said that . The car will have front and rear sway bars a 9" rear with 4.11 gears a new moser 35 spline posi double adjustable coilovers Ive set the car up and designed the frame on my Cad cam system that I use for Cnc machining so everything fit where it should . Im going to put a 55 belair dash and headlights and 56 front bumper along with air conditioning and a full console I have power seats from a 95 buick riviera that I will have modified . Im hoping if the money and time holds out to have the car ready for the langley days cruise in in 2010 . Ps Does anyone know of any good interior guys In the Northwest thanks for your time and Hope you Like what Im building

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some pics of when I first got the car

here is the major rust the car had that I fixed a while back with a metal spray machine that I acquired very cheap . I found two more of these cars In my local area that Im robbing for parts if anyone needs anything and Isnt in a hurry as they are not stored at my place Im sure we could work something out both are 54 hardtops as well . Ps I'm sure as many others have named there cars its Christine and she bit me the other day when I broke a tack weld off and didnt grind the tack and was mounting the trans and well if you ever cut a vein in your hand they shoot pretty far so the term blood sweat and tears definitly applies to this ride as she now has my Dna Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much would I expect to pay If I made all the panels etc... for the inside of the car in other words all the metal work and made some kind of rear seat from another car to have all the interior done In Light brown leather Like the ones pictured on that website of the 57 chevy that is nice ? any color suggestions would be welcome for the exterior of the car as well Im using most of the chrome other than the rocker panel chrome and would like a two tone Im not very artistic when it comes to that kind of stuff .

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
dandimand said:
How much would I expect to pay If I made all the panels etc... for the inside of the car in other words all the metal work and made some kind of rear seat from another car to have all the interior done In Light brown leather Like the ones pictured on that website of the 57 chevy that is nice ? any color suggestions would be welcome for the exterior of the car as well Im using most of the chrome other than the rocker panel chrome and would like a two tone Im not very artistic when it comes to that kind of stuff .

I'm not sure.. You can give them a call, Are send him a PM.. Try Posting in the interior section, You can also talk with Mr Dan here he is also very good too.(DanTwoLakes )(KristKustoms) They are both member's here..And they know their stuff with Interiors.. :thumbup: Here's another good guy..
http://www.interiorsbyshannon.com/ He was also a member here..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that interiors by shannon place does wicked work unreal very nice
think I will live in my car after seeing that work awesome . so is there anyone in the northwest that is capable of such nice work that is the question ?

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
dandimand said:
Pics of Dash from 55 belair still have to cut the outside edges and attach to the door I think It looks alot better than the original one what do you think ?

Look's very nice.. But I would take the round part of the dash, And flow it into the doors.. :mwink:

I know my friend Tim won't mind me using his pictures to show you what I mean here.. My friend Tim ( Let's cut it up ) did this to his 65 elcamino ... Came out very nice.. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its not done yet Im splittin the dash on each end and then welding that part to the upper door panel sill and it will be molded into the new door panels when it goes in for interior the ends of the dash will be blocked out on the ends and tied into the A pillar . trust me It will look good when its done oh just looked at your pics yes that is what Im doing . can only do so much in one day you know lol .

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
dandimand said:
Its not done yet Im splittin the dash on each end and then welding that part to the upper door panel sill and it will be molded into the new door panels when it goes in for interior the ends of the dash will be blocked out on the ends and tied into the A pillar . trust me It will look good when its done oh just looked at your pics yes that is what Im doing . can only do so much in one day you know lol .

I do understand what your saying.. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page... :mwink: Some people put a dash in a different car and don't follow through with the door's...Then it don't look right.. :smash: It is looking very nice so far.. Good Luck.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a cpl pics of the wheel tubs

Ive just made the inside of the Tubs I made a jig to hammer form the Edge as I wanted a rounded corner I'm building them out of 18 gauge so the Normal P seam machines dont do this . They actually turned out pretty good as first time I've tried it like this there is a 3/4 " lip with a rounded radius . I will step roll the other parts of the tubs and then weld them together . Its a real pain doing this edges this way with the amount of equipment I have but I feel It will be worth it in the End .

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is some pics of the rearend the anti roll bar is splined and removable and has replaceable bushings . Its very cramped for room in there as I made room over top of the Rearend for the 3" stainless exhaust that I will build at a future Date The car should handle quite well and also work at the drag strip for the occasional old car Drags and Friday nite street legals . Hope you like what I've Done so far :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.