Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1964 Chrysler New Yorker, 1978 Lincoln Continental, 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm 0192700sALT, it's not an Alt account it's just the name I've been using for every account for years so it's easy to remember.
I wish to learn more about my own vehicles and possibly help other learn about their vehicles as well, I've decided to come to this forum as the forum I was on had become toxic and when I asked for advice or help I wasn't giving a real answer, and a lot of the time I was the only one giving actual answers to other people's questions as well, I will not say the name of the forum out of respect and hope that it gets better some day.
My first car was a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with 186k miles for $750. Me and my mom both used that car as a daily driver for 3 years until I inherited a 1998 mercury grand marquis from my grand mother, which I traded for the station wagon mentioned below due to it having mechanical issues.
My cars are a 1964 Chrysler New Yorker
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

A 1978 Lincoln Continental Town Car
Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

And a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle

The Chrysler is my "race car", it has a bored out 413 C.I. V8, a slight cam, high compression pistons, and other minor performance upgrades. But don't let the picture fool you, it has LOTS of rust and it had a great many issues when I bought it in march of 2020, after 4 months of me driving it during the weekends it overheated and the head gasket blew which forced the need of rebuilding the top of the motor. However, considering the car sat next to the ocean for 15 years and wasn't treated very nicely prompted this car to have MANY problems, also all I know about the car is it had a frame-on restoration process in the late 90s and the rest of the information was sketchy at best. It's been currently sitting in my mechanics yard since late July of 2020 while both of us have been slowly doing work on it getting back on the road, but due to his declining health he hasn't been able to work as quickly as he used to with the fact that he keeps taking on new projects rather than just finishing the old ones. The car is now covered in dust, dirt and grime, but that hasn't stopped me from doing rust repairs, it doesn't look very nice but the rust is slowly being eradicated, which is what's important for a unibody car. The biggest problem I've experienced with it so far is a reoccurring transmission leak, it has been fixed 3 times but it always comes back, we're trying a solid gasket this time in hopes of getting better results. I have big plans for this car, I would like to use it in autocross, track racing, drag racing, and just the occasional stop light to stop light race. But it will also be a car I can drive on a weekly basis, take trips in, and just enjoy whenever I want to. While it's been a bit of a financial burden, I know I'm close to unlocking the potential of this car and using for all the things I want to use it for. My mechanic says it will be ready this weekend, but that's what he's said for the last 3 months, so all I can do is hope at this point. I cannot sell the car due to the title being in limbo for the last 15 years, so I hope that make something come of this car, despite my mom wanting me to get rid of it.

The Lincoln, while I've only owned it for 2 weeks, is a completely different story. it's my daily driver with a stock 460 big block, It's an untouched car with 46k original miles, and everything works great. It drives like a dream and even still has the original engine stickers on it. While it could use a couple of things (it has a small coolant leak and needs new tires) it's a great daily driver and even gets decent milage. While I don't have a garage, I've put a tarp over it so during the winter the vinyl top doesn't get ruined. I hope to keep this car for the rest of my life and take care of it till the end, and while it's not really a race car (I tried to race a Tesla in the rain a few days ago, bad idea, I just spun the tires while the Tesla rocketed by me.) It still packs a punch with the big block and is wonderful to drive, big and luxurious, just how it should be.

The Buick is my road trip car, as being a wagon it is perfect for doing so. While it's not the best looking, me and my mom love it and wish to keep it for as long as possible. I'm still figuring out a couple things with it, but overall it's pretty reliable and nice to drive. it's a stock small block 350, packs plenty of punch when it needs to while still getting great milage. I've only had it for a few months now but I have a good feeling about it, though it's going to be my moms car for the most part I'll still get to drive it when I need to.

Anyway, if you're still reading this that's my introduction, hopefully I can find a way to keep my vehicle hobby from bankrupting me into homelessness.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
So, you like the fat ones, eh?
I guess someone must..........just busting your chops.

Welcome aboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.