Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm Bella in San Diego. When I was 5 years old, the only thing my Mum let me touch on her silver '79 TA when she washed it were the snowflake rims. She would give me a toothbrush and I would sit cross legged in the wet driveway and carefully scrub each one.

Silver Bullet sat on the street outside my parents' house after being garaged it's entire life when a Mitsubishi 3000 GT (patooey) took her place. In 2006, I inherited Silver Bullet.

Now I'm 32 and devoted to restoring my TA aka Baby. She's been sitting for months at my friend's auto shop and yesterday he admitted that he "hates 70's muscle cars". :spank: That would explain why it's been sitting there waiting for it's rebuilt engine and tranny since the Summer started.

I'm joining hotrodders for mechanical and emotional support people!!!! I'm willing to spend all of my extra income on her and I don't even know what to buy or where to start. I read Car Craft magazine and scratch my head a lot. I read the posts here and get so excited about the performance parts and upgrades people make when they do rebuilds. Meanwhile, I know jack-*****. :confused: Well I know I LOVE American muscle cars and have a soft spot for TAs. And I know I want Baby's screamin' chicken to rise again...maybe when I'm all done I'll name her Scarlet O'Hara. Maybe you guys will help me buy a vowel or thirty along the way. ;)

~ Bella

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ratchet!

That was quick! I can't wait to find my new muscle car buddy who will get excited about the restoration and tell me what the heck to buy, lol.
Have a good one!
:) - Bella

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ky?!

Hey Cole! Where in KY are you? I love Kentucky!!! I lived in Maysville (Mason County in No KY) for a few years and went back this March just to visit old friends. Maysville is on the river, just across from Aberdeen, OH. I can't wait to get back. Thanks for the welcome! p.s. dang I miss good biscuits, pork gravy and country haaaam.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Geezer69!

Thanks! I'll take some pics of Baby soon. She doesn't look the way I picture her in my head anymore. But she's fine. Oh no! I have (car)body dysmorphia, ha ha.

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
san Diego?

Welcome Bella, I live across the river in so. indiana, but was born and raised in San Diego.
Crazy how we all get misplaced. I under stand how you want to get back to KY. I visit about once a year out there but can't stand it anymore and can't wait to get back to the country! Hate leaving my 4x4, my dog (german sheppard) and the wife. Good luck witht the TA! we'll help as much as we can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.