Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
tryn to learn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy that lives a couple mins out of town where my grandparents live has over 650 cars on his farm!, if somone has a car they want to get rid of he will go pick it up, hauls it home and puts it out in the feild. there are so many old coupes and trucks and stuff. he said hes gona get rid of most for scrap metal except the old old cars and trucks. i wish i had taken my camera with me, its just amazing!

i really wanted one of the old coupes but he wanted $2500CAD for 1 and it never had windows, motor, or interior.

sad to think about thos cars going to scrap metal

you guys know any people like that?

·
tryn to learn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i beleive that he has goten them all since 2001, hes gona get rid of the crappy stuff for scrap metal and then start bringing more home again lol.

got 60grand of scrap metal or somthing lol:drool:

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
The state is cleaning up the old yards

With the EPA regs and the unsightly mess problem most of the old yards are going out of business and selling off all their stuff to the scrap pile. We still have one good sized yard up near Sandusky Ohio off rt250 just outside of Miland/sp.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
32 Posts
There was a junk yard where I use to live, about an hour outside Ottawa. It was full of everything from about the early thirties up to late 50's. My buddy use to go out there and shoot rats with our pellet guns. We dreamed of pullin something out of there one day to build rods. The municipality ordered the owner to clean it up and he had the works crushed! This was done about 15 years ago so its old news but I'm still haunted by it.

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
cruelty to automobiles! Why can't the people from chop-cut-rebuild and stuff go get a basket case car? Leave the "Grandma Driven" '71 Nova for guys like me.:) And sell the cars before they rot into nothing. A junkyard near my house that I got locked into (I got there at 4:30 and was puttzin around and they closed at 5) had a few old 1st geb Stangs, and 1 convertible (not much left of that) and some old '50s 4doors and a Lincoln Coupe in repairable shape.

There's a '40 chevy coupe holding the roof up of the shed it's in down my street. A '53? Chevrolet 4door near my girlfriend's house in the backyard. A '7x trans-am with the front end staked up where the engine was supposed to go not too far from that '53. A boat-tail Riviera with a 455 behind a local body shop, a '74 Buick Grand Sport at another, a '55 Pontiac StarChief ragtop rotting at my Grandma's neighbor's (a '40? Chevy fender and roof sit nearby),oh damn if they'd sell the cars to those who would love and care for them.:mwink:

Those bastards that hoard them and "will fix them up someday", or be forced to scrap the classics, are Communist Scum.:evil:

**just my opinion. It's okay to have a parts car or 2 for a current project, but there's a limit of decency**

·
Registered
169 Posts
I keep a good supply of about 20 or so cars at the farm. It's nice to be able to go out to your own personal scrap yard and pick off a part in the middle of the night or on a Sunday when all the yards are closed. Works well if you think it might be this problem, but not sure. Just change it and if it's fixed, well it didn't cost you anything. I usually tow a bunch of cars to the yard every couple of years and still get $50 for it.

As far as environmental concerns, I wonder if these environmental guys ever stop to think. If it's going to cost me more than the car is worth to fix it I'm most likely to scrap it. How much environmental damage does that cause? If I've got a cheap source of parts I'll fix it and drive it for another couple of years. Eventually I'll scrap it, that's a given, but at least I'm driving the same car for a little while longer and don't have to scrap two cars in the same time I would have only scrapped one.

As far as the oldies, it's just sacrelige to leave them to rot in a field. Charge the going rate or wheel and deal, but get them back on the street where they belong. Eventually someone is going to notice the pile of cars and make you scrap the whole thing, and that would be a sin.

·
tryn to learn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is about 5 mins north of sedgewick, a little town with like 750ish people. sedgewick is aproxx 1 hour SE of camrose and is inbetween killam and hardisty.

huckster where in alberta are you? im down in calgary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts