Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the enclosed pictures, can someone tell me what the threaded holes are for/ One is on the driver's side of the engine and the other two are on the passenger side of the intake manifold. One at the front and one at the rear. Also, isn't the position of the engine, that is, left and right side figured from sitting in the driver's seat facing forward? I know these sound like stupid questions but I have to ask.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
Picture 1...The hole goes into the intake runner so you can draw a vacuum from there, possibly for the power brake booster or auto transmission modulator valve.

Pictures 2 and 3 go into the water jackets, hoses to heater or temp sensor etc

Left and right are as you said

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chevynut said:
No such thing as a stupid question :)
That is what I have been told. My automotive background was always air cooled, VW's and Porsches. Guess one is never to old to ask questions. My project has been quite an undertaking, but I am up to it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Picture one - the base of the carb has a vacuum fitting (you can see the rubber cap) that is usually used for power brakes, so the threaded hole in the manifold will be the fitting where you draw manifold vacuum for the HVAC controls and for the transmission modulator (like on a TH350).

Picture two - you should thread in a connector here for the heater hose and run the hose back to the heater core inlet. I think this is supposed to be a 5/8" connector, but I've found that a 3/4" connector and 5/8" hose gives me a tighter fit.

Picture three - this is for a temperature sensor in the water jacket. The driver's side is normally used for the sensor that connects to the dash gauge. There should also be a threaded hole on the passenger side, but its often left plugged.

Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.