Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I found an old holley carb out in the shed and I was thinking about rebuilding it. This would be my first carb rebuild so I'm wondering if this would be a good carb for a 1st time rebuilder?

Is there an online guide that I could follow for rebuilding it?

I haven't been able to find much information about this carb other than it appears to be from a 1961 Ford Truck and it's a 4BBL with a manual choke.

The numbers on the carb are as follows:

C1TE9510-AM
List 2348
6R 2222 B

There is also a tag with the following numbers on it:

Ford
C1TE AM B 1JC

Can anyone tell me any more info about this carb like CFM, engine that it came on, and if it would be a well-performing setup?

Also, what rebuild kit do I need and where can I find it?

Thank you!
-Tony

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
carb rebuild

Take the data you have off of the tag with you to your local auto parts store. If they dont have a kit on the shelf, they can get one in a couple days.
That is a non standard Holley Carb made under contract to Ford Motor Company and you wont find it listed in a standard Holley book.
As you correctly surmized, it is off of a 1961 Ford truck. They should be able to tell you what engine it was off of.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm curious as to what your hoping to use this carb for?
Yes it's a holley and a 4 barrel but it's not likely to be a performance designed carb, if it came on a truck in 1961.
It may only be 450CFM or so,and will not be usefull on most modern engines.
Getting a rebuild kit for it shouldn't be difficult but you may not like the way it works on your vehicle.
I pick up this type of carb from time to time and just strip them for parts-float bowls,jets,linkages,vacuum canisters etc. and junk the main body.
just my 2cents.:cool:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Holley Ford Carb

If that came off of a any big block, it will most likely be a 550 CFM, and if you are going to put it back on that same engine, it shouldnt be a problem. As far as putting it on another engine, if its a 302 or even a 351, it would do a very good job there as well. As the man said, though, its a bread and butter carb, and theres not a lot you can do to jazz it up.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
List # 2348 would have been an OE carburetor for a 1961-62 Ford Truck with a 292. You'll need to check with Holley to see if they still offer kits for this specific carburetor.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Making a short story long

My Wife works for O'Reilly Auto Parts, a quick call to the store came up with this info.

Walker kit # 15150 is the rebuild kit they offer for your carb.
Couldnt find any Holley listings.

Is it possible that your carb is actually a Ford Flattop 4 bbl? These were made for some time by Holley and look very much like a 4010 series.

Couldnt find any CFM info, but based on the size of engine, am guessing its about 450 CFM.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Does your carb look like the one in this ebay listing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7942735920&category=33550

It supposedly came off a 1962 292, although the ford part number would lead me to believe it's from about 1959...

Anyway, the things to notice are that it has a float bowls on the front and rear which are removable via four bolts. If your carb is set up like this, you're set. That means it's a 4150 or 4160 series, and very common.

Also, the ebay listing is incorrect, as the guy claims it has 2 "metering plates", but actually, they're metering blocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.