Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 12-804 regulator with a gauge on the outlet side. The lowest pressure I could get is 6 psi. I kep backing out the adjustment screw until it fell out. I put it back in just enough to hold it in place. I have a mechanical fuel pump on a 350 Chevy engine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I installed a 12-804 regulator with a gauge on the outlet side. The lowest pressure I could get is 6 psi. I kep backing out the adjustment screw until it fell out. I put it back in just enough to hold it in place. I have a mechanical fuel pump on a 350 Chevy engine.
Call Holley. They had some mix ups at their factory and got some of the Chineseum springs mixed up. They can send you the proper spring and related parts to make your regulator correct.

The mix up was between the carb regulators and the TBI regulators. Both made in the same place with different springs, and they got all mixed up.

Or if your vendor will take it back, exchange it for an Earl's regulator. So far, those are unaffected.

Additional info:

The 12-804 (1 psi to 4 psi) should have a red spring. The TBI units (4.5 psi to 9 psi) should have a gold color spring.

·
Administrator
10,239 Posts
I moved your post to a new thread... You posted to an older thread. Those Members have not been logged in for a while

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Call Holley. They had some mix ups at their factory and got some of the Chineseum springs mixed up. They can send you the proper spring and related parts to make your regulator correct.

The mix up was between the carb regulators and the TBI regulators. Both made in the same place with different springs, and they got all mixed up.

Or if your vendor will take it back, exchange it for an Earl's regulator. So far, those are unaffected.

Additional info:

The 12-804 (1 psi to 4 psi) should have a red spring. The TBI units (4.5 psi to 9 psi) should have a gold color spring.
Thank you for posting this information. It was really helpful, but Holley was not. I took my Holley 12-804 apart and found a gold spring. Then I did call Holley tech service. They said they don't have just springs available, and said they have a 90 day warranty. So, they will do nothing at all. They said people say all kinds of things online and most of it is wrong, and he heard nothing of this issue, and that was the end of the help. I think I will buy another one, swap springs and then return the new one under warranty.

·
Registered
115 Posts
They said they don't have just springs available,
First write a bad review where you bought the thing.

Then try calling again and ask for a supervisor. Tell the supervisor you need the 12-807 repair kit. One kit is for both regulators, and has both sprints and a diaphragm.

If they resolve the issue, add that to your review.

If you order another one, you'll very likely get another one with the wrong spring in it. At least you'll have the warranty, so maybe they'll fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First write a bad review where you bought the thing.

Then try calling again and ask for a supervisor. Tell the supervisor you need the 12-807 repair kit. One kit is for both regulators, and has both sprints and a diaphragm.

If they resolve the issue, add that to your review.

If you order another one, you'll very likely get another one with the wrong spring in it. At least you'll have the warranty, so maybe they'll fix it.
I ordered and got the 12-807 kit. It had 2 springs inside, both the same. Neither was red, but they were lighter than the original one, so I installed one of them, and am now happy that I can get 2 to 4 lbs of pressure. I not want to spend another half hour on the phone with Holley, but I did put a 1 star review on the Holley website. Holley sure has some quality control issues!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts