Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sbc 283 with 4 speed in a 28 Model A and have just acquired a dual quad manifold for it(I know it is not practical but it sure does look good). My question is does anyone know what are the carburetor numbers I would be looking for at a swap meet for 390 or 450 CFM holley carburetors or are the Carter WCFB's better?
Thanks

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
The only Holley #s I could find was a Model 4360 0-9694 which is 450 cfm, used on the Chevy V-6. There were some other #s, but not for Chevy. There may be some Holley experts lurking here on the board.

If you're intent on going with the dual quads, it's going to be cheaper to go with Holleys. The WCFBs I've seen are scarce and go for bigger bucks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The carbs you are looking for are PN 0-8007 390 cfm vac sec, they will need a dual linkage of some kind and the vented vac sec can tops. They are small but should give you about 400cfm on the pri sides, good throttle response and drivability..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.