Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- The Associated Press
Published: 09/28/09

WILMINGTON, Del. — Holley Performance, a supplier of high-performance products to professional racers and street car enthusiasts, has filed again for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The Bowling Green, Kentucky company said in a Delaware court filing Monday that it has been unable to reach an agreement with lenders who say Holley has defaulted on the debt terms of its 2008 bankruptcy reorganization and are threatening foreclosure.

The company's business plan after emerging from bankruptcy last year included growing its original equipment business, which it is now trying to sell after a deal with Caterpillar for diesel truck engines fell through.

Holley said earlier this year that it was cutting staff and pay and closing a plant in Mexico.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just the new way of doing buisness!!! This gives them the oppertunity to add a second tier wage scale, reduce wages and benifits and numbers of current employees and transfer as much of their manufacturing capacity as they can to China and Mexico. Because of this, next year you should be able to buy their products for a nominal increase! And shareholders and directors will be rewarded for their efforts as they should! :nono:

·
Registered
0 Posts
R.i.p.

You have to wonder who the heck is running that company! The CEO and CFO should be SHOT! Aren't they the same ones from the last time! They have ruined an icon. How does their board let them keep their jobs? I heard they even eliminated their entire sales force - how do you expect to service the speed shops where we get our parts? Let me guess..... sales dropped! DUH! This filing is NOT what they are telling their customers and press - if you read the filing, they filed as a last ditch effort to avoid foreclosure. They have NO deal with their creditors, are in violation of their covenants and forbearance agreement and have no financing during bankruptcy, it will a battle. Doesn't sound like business as usual to me. Who are they fooling, how stupid do they think we are? I will buy a QuickFuel or Edelbrock or Barry Grant now. Made in America not China like Holley!

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Well, the trick kit and rebuild kit are the same thing (did not know that).
I rebuilt the 4160 and put it on top of a 1 in. spacer and man what a difference over the edelbrock!

Holley discount products? HA HA HA HA HA ! :D

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
I stopped using Holley products years ago because they went cheap way back when. Brand new off the shelf carbs with serious quality control issues. After while I learned if someone bought a Holley carb new I`d have to fix it before it could be used. I switched to Demon carbs and had the same problem. Lastly I went to sean murphy induction, got a Quadrajet from them and the main wells were epoxied instead of staked so they leaked, the automatic choke would stick so after the car was warmed up it would idle at 1800 rpm and you had to keep kicking the pedal to make it unstick. I flat hate Edelbrock carbs and won`t even fool with them. My next carb will likely be a Jet. Heard many a good story with them so I thought why not try them being I`ve tried almost every other and had to fix it before it could be used so if there carb turns out to be the same way I`ll be used to it.

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Probably so, Carbs are more popular at a fraction of the cost. Lot's of newer cars have the electric fuel pumps in the gas tank, if it goes bad it's a PITA.
Look at the prices in Holley's on line catalog and compare EFI systems and carburators. Grant you though I had EFI on my 88 F/bird 305 and it ran pretty good, milage was good, but how much CFM are you going to get from a 2bbl throttlle body? wanna change that? bust out he credit card. :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Barry Grant files Bankruptcy

Double Pumper said:
You have to wonder who the heck is running that company! The CEO and CFO should be SHOT! Aren't they the same ones from the last time! They have ruined an icon. How does their board let them keep their jobs? I heard they even eliminated their entire sales force - how do you expect to service the speed shops where we get our parts? Let me guess..... sales dropped! DUH! This filing is NOT what they are telling their customers and press - if you read the filing, they filed as a last ditch effort to avoid foreclosure. They have NO deal with their creditors, are in violation of their covenants and forbearance agreement and have no financing during bankruptcy, it will a battle. Doesn't sound like business as usual to me. Who are they fooling, how stupid do they think we are? I will buy a QuickFuel or Edelbrock or Barry Grant now. Made in America not China like Holley!
Looks like you're down to Edelbrock or QuickFuel. :(

Unfortunately another well known manufacturer is facing a tough time with the economy. Barry Grant Inc. voluntarly filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection today in the United States Bankruptcy Court of North Georgia (Case 09-24349-reb). The filing was for Chapter 11 protection. Barry Grant joins Holley as two major fuel system manufacturers currently operating under Chapter 11. Barry Grant Inc operates the Demon Carburetion, BG Fuel Systems, and Nitrous Works brands.

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
TechGuy said:
Looks like you're down to Edelbrock or QuickFuel. :(

Unfortunately another well known manufacturer is facing a tough time with the economy. Barry Grant Inc. voluntarly filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection today in the United States Bankruptcy Court of North Georgia (Case 09-24349-reb). The filing was for Chapter 11 protection. Barry Grant joins Holley as two major fuel system manufacturers currently operating under Chapter 11. Barry Grant Inc operates the Demon Carburetion, BG Fuel Systems, and Nitrous Works brands.
Guys...don't write us off yet. This is only our first time having to do this and even at the reduced level of business right now we are still profitable. This wil let us catch our breath and move forward. We had a short term line of credit pulled which is ultimately what put us there but look for us to be around for some time to come.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.