Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tuck´n´Roller
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I just ordered a Holley Sniper master kit to be installed in my sbc 383 powered 56 Chevy truck.

Do you think it is mandatory to drill the sending unit or the tank to install the supplied bulkhead fitting for the return line? I was thinking about putting a "tee" in the filler vent hose instead.

Will this cause any technical problems or annoying sounds?

The truck has got the in cab fuel tank. The filler looks like this:

Thanks!

Markus

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys!

I just ordered a Holley Sniper master kit to be installed in my sbc 383 powered 56 Chevy truck.

Do you think it is mandatory to drill the sending unit or the tank to install the supplied bulkhead fitting for the return line? I was thinking about putting a "tee" in the filler vent hose instead.

Will this cause any technical problems or annoying sounds?

The truck has got the in cab fuel tank. The filler looks like this:

Thanks!

Markus
Google Holley sniper master kit and look for the how to install video. It will answer all your questions.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
The best bet is to run it back into the tank via a fitting in the sending unit or a welded in fitting. The filler neck program you've mentioned will work, also you could 'T' the return into the supply line, but that is not recommended.

If you've spent the money to put in FI via the Sniper, then I'd strongly recommend putting a fitting in the tank for a proper return.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts