Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a can full of holley accelerator pump discharge nozzles. (squirters) at a garage sale here a while back. Paid 5 bucks for about 10 of them. Great deal right...? I went ahead and picked them up not looking to closely at them.

Turns out they are all 28's! I have small jet drill bits and was thinking I could just drill out the orifices? Anyone have any kind of reference for the squirter jet diameters?

wanting to bump up to 32's at the moment.

Thanks

I'm assuming by looking at the holley sight a #28 nozzles is a .028 nozzle size? But is that .028 for each nozzle or combined orifice size of both nozzles?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Each nozzle .028 and I think a 32 is .032 : 35 - .035 etc.

ForceFed86 said:
I found a can full of holley accelerator pump discharge nozzles. (squirters) at a garage sale here a while back. Paid 5 bucks for about 10 of them. Great deal right...? I went ahead and picked them up not looking to closely at them.

Turns out they are all 28's! I have small jet drill bits and was thinking I could just drill out the orifices? Anyone have any kind of reference for the squirter jet diameters?

wanting to bump up to 32's at the moment.

Thanks

I'm assuming by looking at the holley sight a #28 nozzles is a .028 nozzle size? But is that .028 for each nozzle or combined orifice size of both nozzles?

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
ForceFed86 said:
I have small jet drill bits and was thinking I could just drill out the orifices?
You will want a "Number" bit index.

The sizes of the bits are on many charts, one of them is HERE.

.028"= #70
.0292"=#69
.031"= #68
.032"= #67
.033"= #66
.035"= #65
.036"= #64
.037"= #63
.038"= #62

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
ForceFed86 said:
Thanks, I've got a #60-#80 set so I'll be good.
BTW, you got a hell of a deal on the squirters. I don't know what they go for now, but even a few years ago, they were like $6/ea. for the solid type, couple bucks more for the tube-type.

If you go larger than a .034"-.035" orifice, Holley recommends you use a high flow screw ($10). It's "holed" to let fuel through it. For the $10, I'd be drilling one out myself, but they might also be thinner OD, too. I've never needed one personally. ;)

Usually, a gasoline set-up won't need that much squirter unless it has a tunnel ram or blower or a long duration/low vacuum signal cam and/or a 50cc "Reo" pump- that sort of thing. Alcohol is another story because it takes so much more alky to get the job done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.