Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a blown Dart 434 with two Holley 1000 cfm carbs drag car and trying to tune it but it is to rich off the line. One of the things I'm going to play with is the squirters. I've read that you can fill the holes with epoxy and drill them to a smaller size.
Question: how much of the hole do I need to fill with epoxy and how do you get it in there?
Is it okay to use those squirters once I get them to the correct size or should I buy new ones?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Got a blown Dart 434 with two Holley 1000 cfm carbs drag car and trying to tune it but it is to rich off the line. One of the things I'm going to play with is the squirters. I've read that you can fill the holes with epoxy and drill them to a smaller size.
Question: how much of the hole do I need to fill with epoxy and how do you get it in there?
Is it okay to use those squirters once I get them to the correct size or should I buy new ones?
uh....no

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
They make new squirter’s down to .021” if you need smaller I suggest the tube type and solder the hole up and redrill. I would not want to trust epoxy so thin and so small a surface area to remain stable.

The best bet buy new

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
I would never trust epoxy inside of a squirters as eventually the fuel would dissolve them like they do when folks put them on the casting wells on the old Qjet carburetors to keep fuel from leaking down. Just get a set of shooters which if you go to allcarbs.com they have a whole set you can get for a decent price of many number sizes. Or if you can't get a set of different sizes just buy a bunch of small size ones and then just drill them to what size you want to try out..

The tube ones are supposed to be better but I have never had to use them but my truck is like a grocery getter compared to your ride.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would never trust epoxy inside of a squirters as eventually the fuel would dissolve them like they do when folks put them on the casting wells on the old Qjet carburetors to keep fuel from leaking down. Just get a set of shooters which if you go to allcarbs.com they have a whole set you can get for a decent price of many number sizes. Or if you can't get a set of different sizes just buy a bunch of small size ones and then just drill them to what size you want to try out..

The tube ones are supposed to be better but I have never had to use them but my truck is like a grocery getter compared to your ride.
Thanks for the link. It solved my problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts