520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Holley with a list # 4780. under it is 211. on the side i see F 11
can you tell me what it is ?
i see the number with a suffix and or a prefix. just not 4780

·
Registered
92 Posts
For any kind of "Whatizit" thread, pictures always help. Does your Holley 4780 look like this one?

More info (from Holley's website) here:

·
fat tire
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For any kind of "Whatizit" thread, pictures always help. Does your Holley 4780 look like this one?

More info (from Holley's website) here:

yes.. other than mine has no choke

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's definitely an 800CFM square bore double pumper.

It looks like you've identified it. I'm not sure what the numbers stamped/cast into yours mean. They might be date codes or other information identifying where it was made and how the factory set it up.

Holley never sold those without some kind of choke. It looks like someone removed the choke on yours to gain 40 or 50 mHP (milliHorsePower). You might want to install some kind of choke mechanism if you ever plan to start it when it's cooler/cold outside.

There's no telling the jets that are in it or what it's set up for. Anyone capable of removing the choke mechanism is also capable of recalibrating the thing, or at least completely screwing it up. You probably want to disassemble it and catalog the current 'calibration' parts in it. You might need some adjustments for the engine you plan to install it on.

And personally, I'd run inverted flare (double flare) hard lines for the fuel. You can run them to the outlet ports on one of the big Earl's (recommended, or Holley if you like gambling on what spring is in the thing) dual outlet adjustable fuel pressure regulators. Braided stainless AN hoses with aluminum fittings also work, and are "cool looking" to boot.

·
More for Less Racer
21,216 Posts
That list number of just "4780", with no "-1" or "-2" immediately after that means it is the original 1st design Holley Mechanical Secondary.
As Racer-X- posted, it is 800 cfm ( #4779 is a 750, #4781 is a 850,..... #4778 is a 700, #4777 is a 650, $4776 is a 600)
The 211 is a build date code, I don't recall how to decipher that but you can find the info with a search.

You can also spot that it is of original vintage by the type of roller slot and bellcrank mechanical secondary linkage it has. The old type pivots off the side of the main body, the newer revisions use a linkage that is entirely contained on the baseplate.

Should be a nice, solid rebuild candidate. (y) Made back when quality control was Job 1 at Holley, half a century ago.

·
fat tire
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That list number of just "4780", with no "-1" or "-2" immediately after that means it is the original 1st design Holley Mechanical Secondary.
As Racer-X- posted, it is 800 cfm ( #4779 is a 750, #4781 is a 850,..... #4778 is a 700, #4777 is a 650, $4776 is a 600)
The 211 is a build date code, I don't recall how to decipher that but you can find the info with a search.

You can also spot that it is of original vintage by the type of roller slot and bellcrank mechanical secondary linkage it has. The old type pivots off the side of the main body, the newer revisions use a linkage that is entirely contained on the baseplate.

Should be a nice, solid rebuild candidate. (y) Made back when quality control was Job 1 at Holley, half a century ago.
thank you for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts