Registered
7,045 Posts
OK, I'll be down this weekend to pick it up! :D :D :D

Looking good! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Did you change the engine mounts?

For those who haven't seen this build take a look at:

http://www.lemanz.net/

Click on 1930 Olds/Chev.

Now that is piecing a car together. A four door cowl here, a couple of coupe sides there, a bunch of tubing and metal and you have the beginning of a HOT ROD!! How you ever decided where to put what is still a mystery. But as a sculptor once said, I just cut away every thing that doesn't look like it should there! So I guess you just keep adding to it till it looked right.

·
machinist & fabricator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
decided not to paint the chassis untill after the SF rod n custom show... still got a hell of alot of work to do!!!!
engine will be in next week!

·
machinist & fabricator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
home brew said:
OK, I'll be down this weekend to pick it up! :D :D :D

Looking good! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Did you change the engine mounts?

For those who haven't seen this build take a look at:

http://www.lemanz.net/

Click on 1930 Olds/Chev.

Now that is piecing a car together. A four door cowl here, a couple of coupe sides there, a bunch of tubing and metal and you have the beginning of a HOT ROD!! How you ever decided where to put what is still a mystery. But as a sculptor once said, I just cut away every thing that doesn't look like it should there! So I guess you just keep adding to it till it looked right.
the tube mounts were changed to 1/4 plate, gonna put a design in them when i decide what to do! still soul searching o that one... most likely that will be a night before the show project..haha

still looking for a grille shell, dont know what im gonna use, right now im gonna run it without one.
35 pontiac tail lights still to go in, big bucket headlights, i got this cool *** mid 30's pontiac fuse block im gonna use, lill bit of wiring, and tube bending and i should golden!..

yea man, i started with sheet metal, and kept adding till you see what i got here, ill keep ya updated... its gonna be hell, i got a 1 month deadline!!!
<< gettin back to work!

·
Flamethrower
339 Posts
You don't have too much left to do, throw an engine and trans at it and you should be good to go.

What kind of brakes are you using front and rear? I like the idea of discs on the front like you have it there.

·
machinist & fabricator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1982 SS said:
You don't have too much left to do, throw an engine and trans at it and you should be good to go.

What kind of brakes are you using front and rear? I like the idea of discs on the front like you have it there.

full brake system off a 71 GM front disc rear drum. adj porp. valve. with the master mounted underneath 36 chev pedals

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
You sure did get the right proportions on that body!! :thumbup: :thumbup: It looks like it came that way! And the stance will be perfect when you get the engine in! Great job. I will reserve judgement on the visor until the whole top is done.

How about a 29/30 Buick grille for your rod. I just happen to have one. I will get you some pics tomorrow. Until then here is a couple of carnut pics of what they look like.

Mine is not even close to the quality of those but for your car I think it would work with a little bit of work. Mine has the round crank hole at the bottom. It does not have the stone guard over it as well. I was considering using it on a car but not on my Nash. You could chop it and/or even turn it upside down with a hand made logo in the crank hole. Notice the nice detail on the top and the sculptured look. It is pretty heavy but if I took the rad support out it would weigh a lot less. Pay for the shipping and it's yours. Then I will have two pieces on your car. One slick and a grille shell. I'll post the pics of my grille shell tomorrow.

Attachments

·
machinist & fabricator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
easy now man!!!

i dont like my visor either, but whats a man to do with more time than money?

i just might be interested in that grille shell, does a new walker radiator come with it?
yea didnt think so!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
h0trod389 said:
easy now man!!!

i dont like my visor either, but whats a man to do with more time than money?

i just might be interested in that grille shell, does a new walker radiator come with it?
yea didnt think so!
Only if you walk to the junk yard to get it.

What axle did you put the discs on?

·
machinist & fabricator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the axle is 30 olds, i was lucky enough to pick it up..
leaf axle i cut the perches off of, and welded some radius rod mounts to it with gussets.. the axle is kinda "salty" all pitted n such.... it might crack... we will see :thumbup:

chucked the spindles up in the lathe and turned the major diameter down to accept the GM bearings.. works fine so far, yet i havnt stopped with em'!

·
machinist & fabricator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive heard of ross box's before , altho i never actually seen one!

im using a F-1 box, mounted under the cowl, sprint car style like.

works great, almost as if i had power steering!

tonite i got the e-brake bolted in and the tail lights installed,

slow steady progress this week, i have my son.. so i cant do much...

next weel ill be all over it like flys on stink!
more pics tomarrow

·
Registered
7,045 Posts

Attachments

·
machinist & fabricator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shat man.... I'LL TAKE IT!!! thats bad!
ill pm you a lill later....
heres my tail lights

THEY say there 35 poncho.... got a clue?
also... red bulbs or should i paint the glass red?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
home brew said:
My 29 Nash has a Ross steering box. The name rings a bell for some reason.
Where they used in the track roadsters of the 30's and 40's? Does anybody have any other info on them?
Yes they were. PM sent with a little more info.

Mike

·
machinist & fabricator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha, im in the process of finding some 6" exhaust pipe to make the sides,
and after that im gonna wrap it with 3/8" solid stock.... if ya got one, ill be glad to take it off your hands!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
h0trod389 said:
shat man.... I'LL TAKE IT!!! thats bad!
ill pm you a lill later....
heres my tail lights

THEY say there 35 poncho.... got a clue?
also... red bulbs or should i paint the glass red?
I'm not sure what they are but you may be able to find them on this site:

http://www.taillightking.com/index.html

You might be able to find red lenses for them as well. Some of the prices are very reasonable. As for painting them or red bulbs - again I don't know. Buying one red bulb will not cost to much and you can see if it will work. If it doesn't you can buy red paint and see if that works.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts