Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna build a air suspension for my pick up truck. I need to find a schematic drawing of basic layout. I have found numerous suppliers of needed parts but I really do not know what parts I need or want. I know I will need four bags and a compressor of some sorts. Some soleniods and some switches. I am by trade a weldor so the fab work is not the issue. I just wanna hear some advice from those that have walked this path before. thanks JOEL

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Hey Tony,

Glad to see you back responding to some of these bagging questions. I was wondering where you had disappeared. You are a real asset to the forum and particularly to the folks with suspension and air bag questions...so it's great to see you active again.

Dewey

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mr. Tony. YES IT IS ME AGAIN. the '65 c10 with the caprice clip.

I have not yet cut it up. I responded to your input about the clip swap. ANY INPUT YOU HAVE IS APPRECIATED. thank you in advance JOEL

·
Registered
296 Posts
Joel..... what are your plans for the truck... driving style ect.......?

Cboy....... thanks for the props man... I think you may be giving me a little to much credit :D I love coming on these forums and helping out... unfortunately, time does not permit it very often.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I am just lookin to drive it around. kinda even like obeying the posted speed limits. everyonce in a while I will take it on the highway, or maybe to a car night a a diner. No racing or high speed cornering. I kinda got out of the go fast car thing. I just like the body style of this truck. so I figured I will build a cruiser out of it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If it were me.... I would not change that front end. I would get the frame straightened or purchase a good one ( they are actually pretty easy to find still ). Then I would install arisprings, drop spindles and a disc brake conversion kit.... and call it a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts