Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. I'm about to order a 3" Cowl Hood on my '84 Z28 Camaro and I'm dieing to get it but I could save 200 bucks by purchasing a Lift off, as opposed to spend 429 for a bolt-on(both hoods are fiberglass) do you guys think that 200 is worth the work to convert my camaro to a Lift-off? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
How much do you really want to totally remove your hood every time you check your oil? Can you handle the lift off by yourself? You might need help with it, and doing it yourself, i can guarantee some dings and scratches over time...... but two hundred samolians is a chunk though......

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,376 Posts
Do it the right way and make it open properly.
You could save some real money by not changing it at all if money is the only issue. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's best to have a hood that you can open quickly by yourself. Suppose you had an underhood fire & a liftoff hood.
Glass hinged hoods on both hot rods.

:cool:

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Hinge it. If not you will regret it every time you need to do something under there. It would well be worth the extra bucks. If you didn't...everytime you take it off you would have to be extra cautious as to where you set it. Either on the ground or on the roof. Get a multi thousand dollar paint job and I don't think you want to lay it on your roof. Set it on the ground and a gust of wind comes...or you chip the corners out....:smash:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts