Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Ok, a couple of tricks. First off, get someone to pull on the handle while you are up at the hood working on it. Believe it or not, push DOWN on the hood will sometimes to it. Get yourself a plastic tool of some sort (your wife may have one in the kitchen if you don't in the garage. :mwink: And push sideways on the hood by sticking the tool between it and the fender. All of this while someone is pulling out and releasing and pulling out and releasing the cable handle.

When you do get it open (and believe me having it rear opening has NOTHING, NO-THING to do with this problem you are having. If it is improperly adjusted I don't car what car you have, a jambed hood is a jambed hood.

Once you get it open you need to adjust them properly. I was taught a great trick and that is to get a ball of dumb dumb (3M "Strip caulk") and put it on the latch lowering the hood down until it hits and see if the striker is hitting the latch properly. Move the latch or striker where it needs to go using this method BEFORE shutting the hood.

Brian

·
16,464 Posts
Honestly, a stuck hood latch is a stuck hood latch. If it happen on any late model car you are going to need to break something to get it open if it is REALLY stuck.

Brian

·
16,464 Posts
Looking at this photo it sure looks like you could go from the bottom, maybe remove an exhaust pipe? But it sure looks like you could go up from the bottom and trip the latch.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.