Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the hospital where I work a number of patient areas are without administrative assistants right now and are in need of someone to take care of their employee's schedules, payroll, etc.

The DIRECTOR of Medicine somehow got a hold of my name (you see I already do this for the float pool staff) and recommended me to a few of these units with the hope that I would have time to help out at least temporarily. So, here I am doing the scheduling and payroll for two of the medicine units (on my terms, no less) and I got a phone call at home from another medicine unit manager yesterday asking me if I could help out her unit while their admin assistant is away on vacation. CA-CHING!

It would seem that they like the work I do and news is spreading. Maybe this will lead to a new job with better hours and better pay in the New Year.
Best of all, the Director that recommended me is getting positive feedback and that can only mean good things for the future.

Yes, indeedy, it is a Merry Christmas.:cool:

Chickie.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awwww, thanks guys! At the hospital your abilities go a long way towards getting you ahead, but you come to a point where ability alone doesn't cut it and that's when you have to start relying on your contacts. So that's what I'm in the process of doing, cultivating my contacts.

And no Dinger, Chuckie still makes WAY more money than me, so I guess that's still going to be my job. This possible opportunity really means being able to go to work when I want as opposed to following a schedule that someone else sets out for me. Also, could mean a raise and lead into full time work when the kids are in school full-time. (Although I'm sure Chuck would jump at the chance to stay home with the kids).

Thanks for the good wishes, guys, I'm just so excited about this I had to share.

Chickie.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I told you, it's not who you know, it's who you blow.

look how far it has gotten chuck.

you married him didn't you?

:thumbup: :p

I hope your new year is filled with a better position at work.

damn, i can't help myself.:spank:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm a mean Mom. I told my kids that Santa could be called on his cell and all their presents cancelled up to an hour before delivery. They're been little angels ever since! Mean huh!?!

Chickie.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
4 Jaw Chick said:
I'm a mean Mom. I told my kids that Santa could be called on his cell and all their presents cancelled up to an hour before delivery. They're been little angels ever since! Mean huh!?!

Chickie.
That's not mean, thats smart. Tell them Santa can take the presents back too.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
4 Jaw Chick said:

Chickie.
I'll bet your Mom used a version of that one on you. :D Merry Christmas. Dan

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Chickie, you are correct in that your abilities are what get you ahead, but when you work with others that also have equal abilities, you need a tie breaker. Being a demonstrated team player that is willing to help get the job done, even outside your area of responsibility, can be a great big tie breaker. Good things come to those that reach for them.

Happy Holidays to you and yours,

Trees

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks all for the support and warm wishes. I put in 6.5 hours on the 23rd trying to get everything all taken care of before the holidays and plan to go in again on the 28th to take care of payroll for that week. (I'm supposed to be on holidays from the 19th - 29th, but I'm working a couple of shifts for these units as a favour). This is all over and above my regular job in the staffing office. I can do this on a limited basis until they hire someone full-time, but who knows, maybe they'll decide they can do without a full time person in favour of some one part-time who knows the scheduling system. Time will tell...until then, I do my job, and my new extra job, to the best of my abilities, cultivate my contacts and hope for the best!

Chickie.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.