Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

First, look at the fuse buss..

Check for ANY blown fuses..and replace as needed, use a meter or self contained lamp probe for this, cuz a fuse can blow (at the ends ) where you can't see the open link.

NEXT, check your fuse buss for relays..up in the corners of the buss panel, it should be in that area.

if you have a courtesy relay panel under the hood in the engine bay, that would be your next best bet..

Once located, have someone activate the horn, listen for a "Click" If you have that, your relay is working from the horn ring out to the relay coil.. (BTW this IS a ground, not power..to the coil..) If not check the horn ring "brush pickup" for a defect.The other side of the horn relay should be a fused, unswitched 12 volts , check that, if missing look for a fuse or broken wire.

If you have that, check the normally open OR the Center-wiper (could be either #87 or #30 on the relay base) for 12 volts..If it is not there, you may have a fuse link or MAXI fuse out..locate and repair as needed. This wire comes direct from the battery (via fuse or link) to the relay base.

If it all checks, replace the relay.

Doc :pimp:

·
street rods forever
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc....checked the fuse at the "buss" (both ends of fuse)Cant hear no clicking,that's why I cant locate relay.Horn didnt work when I bought it,maybe they just threw it away.I just put new Grant wheel in it so I'd like fancy horn button to work :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.