Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 23 and pretty new to the hot rod lifestyle. I have messed around with imports, specifically nissan 240sx so I have some mechanical knowledge. Now I have a 1985 cadillac fleetwood brougham coupe I'm working on. It has some kind of ****ty 4100 motor in it that im gonna be replacing with a chevy 350.

I also plan on lowering it and making it able to drive a little more aggressively. So I'm not making a full blown race car or anything my goal is for a nice fun to drive street car.

So I'll be looking around and asking questions and will start a build thread soon.

·
www.generationhighoutput. com
897 Posts
Aren't the 85-92 fleetwoods fwd? I'm sure a fiero guy would take that motor off your hands (probably be easier to sell if it was the 4900).

Although I'm sure you could cram a 350 in there, it'd probably be a lot easier and more cost effective to just use a 3800 Series II with the Eaton M90 supercharger. I imagine it would be a lot simpler to put in there and makes about as much power as a stock 350 vortec.

Any pics? What's your gameplan?

·
Administrator
8,547 Posts
the 4100 has a bad reputation for not lasting very long.
Check the bell housing on your trans. If it has the multi pattern the 350 chev will bolt to it. A nice upgrade for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aren't the 85-92 fleetwoods fwd? I'm sure a fiero guy would take that motor off your hands (probably be easier to sell if it was the 4900).

Although I'm sure you could cram a 350 in there, it'd probably be a lot easier and more cost effective to just use a 3800 Series II with the Eaton M90 supercharger. I imagine it would be a lot simpler to put in there and makes about as much power as a stock 350 vortec.

Any pics? What's your gameplan?

Its rwd theres a 10 bolt rear end in it, dont know if there any good or not though? I think some where fwd though. I wouldent own a fwd car.

I'll be going from TBI to carb and get rid of all the b.s. wiring,sensors,comp,and wat not.

I dont think anyone would want the 4100 it runs like crap and is loaded with unnecessary sensors n stuff...no power either

I've already got a 1970 350 (with the elusive TDS eng. suffix code) out of a 3/4 ton sittin in my garage and yes it bolts up to the b,o,p bellhousing on the 200r4 tranny thats stock for the car.

I will be starting a build thead here in a little that will have pics and proggress

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.