Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all I am Neil from Perth Western Australia and I will be combine to San Francisco in January I was wondering if there is any rod or custom car shows at this time ?
A bit about me I am currently building my 1959 Chevy El Camino and have built some other Australian cars in the past I love the rat rod scene and that is my plan for my next build but will have to build the girl friends mk2 Zephyr first.
So I'm interested in all types of old cars and keen to see what's in San Francisco.

Attachments

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Unfortunetly the SF Rod and Custom show bit the dust a few years ago, and the Grand Nationals the best ever show in my opinion has moved down south after 50+ years in Oakland across the bay from SF. It's now in LA, I HIGHLY recommend you get to that one.

Brian WELCOME!:thumbup:

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Roy Brizio's Rod shop is in South San Francisco Roy Brizio Street Rods, Custom Hot Rod Builder The Grand Nationals is at the end of January. Information on the 2013 O'Reilly Grand National Roadster Show

In SF there are a lot of non car related stuff that you MUST do in a trip there. One is walking out on the Golden Gate bridge, it's easy, there is a parking lot right there next to the toll booths and the best part, it's free.

Northbeach is a GREAT place to walk around 120 year old Italian neighborhood full of wonderful restaurants, an amazing church, park it is really a great place to hang out and it's not touristy, it's the real thing.

Take a walk right there up to Coit tower, it's only a couple of bucks to go up to the top for a spectacular view.

If you want a list of things to do let me know.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.