Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
Just don't ask for Critique and opinions if your going to get upset when you get some that you do not like....thats what got the other thread dumped.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
So where's the pics? I'd like to see it.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
jtmshotrodshop said:
We will just answer what we are asked about our shops 1935 Ford 5 Window Coupe Project
OK...You first post said that you wanted to discuss hotrods......Now your saying that you want us to ask questions about one hot rod.....yours. I have never seen your hot rod so therefore I cannot ask questions about it. How about some pictures?

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
"We are the shop in Corona, California that build the 1935 Ford 5 Window Coupe for Chop Cut Rebuild Season III. If you have watched the show or have any questions, let us know."

I do have some questions......First...Just Who is we? How long have you been a builder? Most folks when they introduce thierselves tell who they are or tell a little bit about thierselves.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got a garage find, 68 Dodge, Monaco conv. 400max,3spd auto, stored since 1981. Don't have any TV projects, just looking for smart people and help when needed.

Most the Speed Channel shows suck, but they beat horny housewives or whatever the show is called. Most folks on the forum got to raise families and cant afford the budget that these shows require to keep up. HP and the new Trucks really suck. Need $10G's just to watch. By the way, used to have a mut named Buz.
My best choice goes to Two Guys Garage.

Got enough advertising on the TUBE, don'n need it on a forum.

Attachments

·
Will I ever get it done?
1,027 Posts
Can we assume you are John May? If so, he can't tell who he is because it would be advertising? Can I tell you who he is? Look here:
http://www.jtmshotrodshop.com/johntmays.html
Pretty impressive resume.

Of course, Dan Woods resume isn't too shabby either.

http://www.tv.com/dan-woods/person/97494/biography.html

This whole episode has made me aware of something. This BBS is full of great information. Just like CCR, AHR, HPTV, X4X4, MC, Trucks, 2GG (or whatever it is called now), and several others. You just have to pick and choose what is good information, ignore the rest, and have a real thick hide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Who "We" are

I would post link to website but have been told that is a "no-no" as it is considered advertising. I do work at the shop doing engineering and have a myspace account under my own name with about 50 pictures of some of the cars we have touched. No advertising honest! mike.miller

Tell this retard how to post pictures here and I will try.

·
Will I ever get it done?
1,027 Posts
OK, so you are Mike. Another impressive resume.

Go to the top of this page. Click on "Photo Gallery". Click on "Upload Photos" (down a bit and to the right). From there you can click the browse buttons and pull photos from your hard drive and upload them to the photos section.

You can also create a journal to show progress on specific projects. It really is quite easy. LMK if you need more info.

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
Mike

You can list the shops website in your profile. Go to User CP, just under the Hotrodders.com picture....then edit profile.

To add pictures, just go to "Manage Attachements" under the box where you type your message. Browse to where the pictures are on your computer and upload them.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
I just looked at your photo album....Great looking car. You guys really did a good job on it. :thumbup: Its a little more than what the average member here at Hotrodders can build in his backyard or home garage....but it is what a lot of us dream about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
35 Ford Pictures

John and I built a 35 Ford Tudor Sedan about 4 years ago in his garage before embarking on the JTMs adventure. Went from hobbyists to being a Hot Rod shop. It is the Pearl Blue Metallic Ford on the site mentioned previously by another member

·
Cox Custom Cars
498 Posts
WE would like to know some of the troublesome areas of the build and what you did to "get it right". We gear heads are aways looking for different things to do to our rides.

Sorry I didn't catch much of your segments of CCR. I couldn't out last the music and funky camera work. :mad: Other than that, it's really interesting to see how other shops operate and build rods. That's what I am interested in, and in my own opinion, so is everyone else here in this forum.

I don't think anyone would mind if you posted pictures of "in progress" work of the '35 and a little narrative of what was going on in each pic. :D

Countilaw

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
35 Ford Build Experiences

Well Gearheads, for CCR there were many challenges related to building the car related to schedule and what would be interesting to watch being done. The biggest hurdles were parts and time. We found out at SEMA in Nov 2005 that the car had been selected as one of the two projects and guess what, First day of TV shooting was right after Thanksgiving. The project had to laid out to go from getting the donor 35 Coupe all the way through to the end where we made a couple of passes at Irwindale Raceway. This car required that for one day a week the entire shop came to a stand still for filming and the whole team focused on it. We were very fortunate that a few of the episodes were filmed at the vendor's locations that provided us with parts, paint, interior, etc.

As for the car:

1935 Ford 5 Window Coupe - previous owner was manager of Doobie Brothers

Engine - 383 Chevy Stroker ( About 460HP) - Edelbrock Victor Junior Heads - March Serpentine Front End - Edelbrock 750 Carb - Joe Hunt Distributor - Custom Doug Thorely Headers

Built 700R4 Trans

Chassis - TCI frame - Kugal Coil Over front suspension - Power Mustang Rack and Pinion Steering - 4 Bar Parallel link rear suspension - Ford 9 Inch Posi Rear End - 4 wheel Wilwood Disc Brakes

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.