Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot Rods & Harleys have always gone together nicely.
I see many of you hotrodders like me are also into Harleys as well as other bikes but how about boats,they can be hot rods too. :mwink:

Here's mine.....

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Nice boat. :thumbup:

Mikey

·
Gone fishin'
666 Posts
Man, Id love to have either of those boats guys :drool:

I don't have a boat like those at the moment, since Id probably spend the money on a good fishing boat first. But I have a seadoo that Ive been wrenching on. 95' SP Bombardier Seadoo. 650cc 2 seater.
Its one of the older style 2 seaters that aren't huge and bulky, so I can really swing that thing around. Nothing like going about 40mph and doing a 180 on a dime, and dig that nose into the water and come out of the water....if you can keep from falling off :thumbup:

Brad

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bad Rat said:
Nice boat Y2K,, I got one of those money pits too;;;; 18 ft Pantera jet.. Blown SBC, fast, loads of fun, and dangerous,, Bill :thumbup: :D
Sweet! how long since you put the blower on and how did it effect fuel useage?
Where were the pics taken?
Portland area?

I'm an Oregon native but living up here about 35 miles on the North side of the big river. :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
I put the blower on 2 years ago,, wasted 2 motors with it.. its now back with the tunnel,, not quite as fast but cheaper,,,,, gas usage was like dumping it over the side.. couldn't keep it from leaning out at higher RPM's even with reworking the carbs,, I have a heavy foot :D :D spooky fast tho,,
The pictures were taken on the Willamette river, just south of downtown Portland,, any good water up that way? its hard to find around here close, the bigger boats chop it up pretty bad,, go to detroit some but the wind comes up there unexpectedly,, :nono: :pain:
maybe meet up somewhere next summer? Bill

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BadRat I live about 20 minutes from both Cresap bay on Lake Merwin and Saddle Dam on Yale lake,both are part of the Lewis river system.
The wind comes up on both at times but overall both are very nice water.
Come on up some time. ;)
There is a 40mpg speed limit but at times you can get away with some speed as long as you get away from the crowds and keep an eye out for the sheriff patrol.
I took this pic about 3 weeks ago on lake Merwin after work on a Wendesday in the late afternoon.
Almost nobody there! :D
http://lewisriver.com/merwin.html

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks Malc,, for the link,,
Y2k,, how far is that from Portland? looks like some fantastic water,, good for at least 1 bonzai run :evil:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bad Rat said:
its now back with the tunnel,, not quite as fast but cheaper,,,,, gas usage was like dumping it over the side..
Bill I'm kind of going the other direction to wind up where you are.
I bought a tunnel ram and a pair of Holley 660 center squirters to replace my single 780 Holley and performer intake.
Hope I can afford the gas for it lol. :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
The tunnel isn't near as bad on fuel as the blower was, I don't think,, mostly with the blower it was really hard to just keep the foot out of it,, I had 2 -650 edelbrocks on both the blower and the tunnel,[ which was probably part of the problem with the blower , not getting enough fuel delivery at top end] its all on how fast you want to go,, any setup will suck fuel if you run them hard,, I have learned if I want to have a boat to play with I have to be realistic about how hard to drive it,, I just need to convince my 25 Y/O son ,,, A blower will spoil you,, cause it just jumps outta the water, and hauls butt,, up on plane instantly,

I didn't realize Merwin was that close.. thats much closer than Detroit,, and looks MUCH better,, are there some more hot boats that hang out there?? I will be there for sure this summer,, if there comes a nice day this winter,, I'm game for the trip,, anytime,, :thumbup: my older son has 2 jet skis, Bill :thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Bad Rat said:
The tunnel isn't near as bad on fuel as the blower was, I don't think,, mostly with the blower it was really hard to just keep the foot out of it,, I had 2 -650 edelbrocks on both the blower and the tunnel,[ which was probably part of the problem with the blower , not getting enough fuel delivery at top end] its all on how fast you want to go,, any setup will suck fuel if you run them hard,, I have learned if I want to have a boat to play with I have to be realistic about how hard to drive it,, I just need to convince my 25 Y/O son ,,, A blower will spoil you,, cause it just jumps outta the water, and hauls butt,, up on plane instantly,

I didn't realize Merwin was that close.. thats much closer than Detroit,, and looks MUCH better,, are there some more hot boats that hang out there?? I will be there for sure this summer,, if there comes a nice day this winter,, I'm game for the trip,, anytime,, :thumbup: my older son has 2 jet skis, Bill :thumbup:

The Holley 660s I bought are race carbs and have 1:1 linkage,all 8 holes open together so I expect they'll go through some fuel. :D
That's beside that fact that it's a big arse motor to begin with.
I guess ya gotta pay if'n yer gonna play right :mwink:

I haven't spent much time on Merwin since I just got my boat in late Sept. so I'm not sure about hot boats there but there's a few up on Yale a little farther up the road.
Which ever lake you go to if it's summer and a nice weekend you gotta get there early or the parks get full.
Regards..........Dean

From my back deck :thumbup:

·
Registered
547 Posts
DEAN ,,,,, Man what a beautiful sight,, I remember very well when that momma popped ,, seems like yeaterday,, lucky that you didn't live there then :sweat: Thanks for the infro,, I know where to go now,, there are a bunch of hot boat guys from up around Sahomasisah [sic] that go to blue lake,, check out the hotboat.com site and the NW boaters group,, Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts