Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been passing the idea around some of the site members about a get together. Issues, of course, are dates, events, length of time and geographical location.

For location I'm sort-of stuck on Georgia. There are drag strips, at least two members who live close and know of events and such, and maybe could find some sleep-over places (if only a campground).

I was thinking spring or early summer next year, when y'all have the rides out.

So help me flesh this out, I'd like to see how much interest there is in this kind of thing, and I'll take care of organizing it if need be.

K

·
Administrator
18,640 Posts
Pay for my flight and I will be there................I will be near Phoenix the last 2 weeks of Feb, if you want to meet me there.

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
I'm a little biased myself. I think that Columbus Ohio would be a great place....Centrally located in Ohio, and Michigan, Kentucky,Indiana,Pennsylvania,W.Virginia are all with in a couple hours drive. There is also a dragstrip (National Trails) where they hold the Spring Nat'ls, a camp grounds, hotels, lots of places to visit and cruise to,...You name it we probably have it in Ohio:thumbup:
Later,
WEIMER

·
here to learn
276 Posts
funny cause i was thinking the same thing my self (for a get-together)
im with weimer, lots of places to stay, things to do, and most importantly, only a couple of ours from my house:thumbup:

or we could set up one in the East and one in the West??

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Sounds good, me and my friends are planning to drive down to Back to the 50's Minnesota next summer anyways so maybe we can do it on the same trip. I hope you dont mind I wont be driving a rod (who knows:confused: ?)

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm with Ponch....pay for my ticket and I am there...

--

I am not sure if I will have the car done by next spring or even summer, I want to, but she has been put on hold for the moment due to lack of funds.... :(

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Ohio

Man it seems as if Ohio is the center of the the universe!There is sometype of big aviation museum in Dayton,plus plenty of other attractions there for the ride home for people to hit.You have Kings Island going south in Cin,Ceder Pointe north in Sandusky(Coolest park).Ohio is perfect,Im in.Watch out for cops on the interstate though,sneaky boogers every 1/4 mile apart!!!I counted 47 in the way up to Toledo over the summer,just one way.

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
Not sure if they will let me over the border because of my past terrorist affiliations.:evil:

·
Registered
806 Posts
If it ends up in Ohio, i have a relative that owns land RIGHT NEXT to national trials, She has a place we could camp if we wanted and a building we can have all the food in :):thumbup:

If you all wanna stay at my place you are welcome

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I say Ohio, we already have about 5 known board members from there, and k-star could ride with me.

Or you guys can all come to my house, I don't think it would be a problem for 20-30 of you to live with me for a few days, I live 20 minutes from Cecil County Dragway.

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i'm all for a road trip, ohio, georgia,myrtle beach, its all good to me.in reading some of the replys just a few thoughts.

dont worry about having your street machine on the road, although we like cars and the more the better the main point is to meet the drivers, if we do it in the spring /early summer i'll be in the blazer anyway.

mabee it would be a good idea once you find out the list of people that think they could make a road trip take a poll and pick a location central to the most people.

the other thing to consider is that if you dont have the funds to travel yourself get together with members near you and have one person pick up a few people and road trip pool that way you could split gas and lodging expenses.

i think michigan and minasota are close enuogh that you coul meet up and head out as a group if you want to .

sound like fun to me:cool:

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Adding to helrazr3

If it goes thru,guys can map out their route and meet up with others on the way,kinda be like a train of rods,or whatever.I always carry electrical parts and my "Smallblock Chevy"tackle box.It has 9/16 and 1/2 wrench.A 7/16 for headers,a fire extinguisher and cell phone.Each cruiser make up a small box of in case tools and stop to help someone out who may need it on the trip.

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
Re: Adding to helrazr3

RCastle said:
If it goes thru,guys can map out their route and meet up with others on the way,kinda be like a train of rods,or whatever.I always carry electrical parts and my "Smallblock Chevy"tackle box.It has 9/16 and 1/2 wrench.A 7/16 for headers,a fire extinguisher and cell phone.Each cruiser make up a small box of in case tools and stop to help someone out who may need it on the trip.
thats the spirit there, the more people help each other the more people can go.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.