Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
"But how do it know?"
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sean, my friend, brother and fellow gearhead, came home two weeks ago from the hospital after being told he was terminally ill and had a week left to live. He is suffering from diabetes and gangrene is spreading all over his body.

He continues to put up a strong fight. However, he may not have much time left.

Aside from being a gearhead, Sean is also a Batman fanatic. Last Saturday, Dan Sobieski of Boyd Coddington fame, brought the car by Sean's house and gave him a ride for a few blocks. Sean still can't believe he got to ride in it. :D

Sean has always been a private person but, interestingly enough, he suggested putting the short video of his ride on Youtube to see if it would go viral.

I would like to ask you all to please view the video. Any positive comments and prayers for Sean and his family are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thank you and God bless,

·
www.generationhighoutput. com
897 Posts
I'm on my phone so for some reason I can't see the video. I will certainly give it a look when i'm on my desktop though. Kudos to your friend for his great attitude in the face of such insurmountable circumstance. I'm sorry for any heartache this has brought you, friend.

-Cameron

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
Always sad to hear about things like this... May God give him peace..Prayers going out for your friend and his family..;)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
What a nice gesture on the car owner's and Dan's part. I hope your pal can go in peace now knowing that there really are some nice folks left in this world. God speed to him and his loved ones.

·
Banned
2,440 Posts
sorry to hear this news!! Prayers & hope for Sean. Think you should remove the video in the post and put the link to it up instead. As it does not count as views this way. You need to go to the youtube site for it to be log.

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
Mo, my heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out for your brother, Sean, and his friends and family. Something like this is hard to imagine but some of us have been there and realize how important our Faith is. I pray that God gives him the peace and dignity to make these last days just a staging area for his Eternal Home.

God Bless him and you for allowing us to be a small part,
Em

·
"But how do it know?"
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi All,

Thank you so much for the comforting words, prayers and for watching the video.

Sean lost his battle to diabetes this past Thursday at the age of 30. He took his last breath at 11:30 am, surrounded by family and friends. Ever the fighter, he took his medicine even a few minutes before passing on.

Sean had a challenging life. But as his time grew near, he found what he was looking for. As his body was dying, his soul truly grew stronger. He may have lost the fight, but he definitely won the war. He went out fighting, while completely at peace.

It hurts to have lost a fellow gear head and a true brother, but I'm glad I've got you guys. :)

Please keep Sean and his family in your thoughts and prayers...

·
1,173 Posts
So sorry for your loss, Mo, and my condolences to the Family.
Hard to watch or even understand someone that young cashing it in when they had so much to do and to live for and then in a blink of an eye they are gone forever. He was blessed to have you for a friend, my friend.

Em

·
1,173 Posts
Hey Mo, couldn't help but remember your dear departed brother, Sean, when I saw this. I'm wondering if he would have thought it was cool or not?

I pray you're finding some peace after the loss.
Em

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
Sorry for your loss,,, May God give you peace and the family also.... I just spent a few days with a friend that gave cancer a good fight for About four years..:smash:

And now was sent home to go in peace,, So I know how you feel brother.. Keep your head up high, That is what Sean would want...Thanks for being there for him..;)

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,324 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. If he made people feel the way he made you feel, he was an angel on earth and we are better for his short time here. Prayers are coming for Sean as well as family and friends. :(

Brian

Reactions: lt1silverhawk

·
"But how do it know?"
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi All,

Thank you for the continued prayers and words of comfort. The really do mean a lot, I cannot stress that enough. :)

The family had the services for Sean this past Friday evening. So many people showed up, including his former workers, some still in their uniform. People had to stand and nobody wanted to miss the chance to say good bye.

I made a video of Sean with all of his pictures and a couple of videos for the services. I'm hoping to put it on Youtube and will share it here.

sorry, that's to young
Hey gearheadslife,

Agreed. But that's the fact of life: we just never know when we are gonna go.

Sean didn't know he was dying until three weeks prior to his passing. It was like a punch in the gut, his mom said. The hospital made quite a few screwy decisions, the worst of which was assuming Sean knew he was dying. During a discussion with a doctor, it was Sean who asked "wait, are you saying I am dying?" The doctor left and made his mom tell him he was dying. It was bad enough that she didn't know it either...

But he immediately made the decision to come home, since the hospital had given up on him. They gave him a week. With his fighting spirit and all the love and support, he almost made it to three.

So sorry for your loss, Mo, and my condolences to the Family.
Hard to watch or even understand someone that young cashing it in when they had so much to do and to live for and then in a blink of an eye they are gone forever. He was blessed to have you for a friend, my friend.

Em
Hey Mo, couldn't help but remember your dear departed brother, Sean, when I saw this. I'm wondering if he would have thought it was cool or not?

I pray you're finding some peace after the loss.
Em
Hey Em,

Thank you so much for the words of comfort.

It really was hard to watch someone that young pass on. But he put on a brave, care-free face, which inspired the rest of us to do the same. My biggest challenge with him was watching him go through his ordeal and face his pain. My grandfather, my true best friend, passed away a year ago and he faced his pain the same way. So it was like watching Grandpa passing away all over again.

But I think its harder to watch the parent deal with the agony of this loss. I don't think I've seen anything more heart-wrenching than watching a parent bury a child. There aren't many tests in life that can shake someone to the core like that and test one's faith like that.

Sean was a Batman fanatic and he appreciated all Batmobiles (unless it was Chevy based lol!). He would've definitely liked the one you posted, so thanks for posting that one. I'll share it on his Facebook page.

It was my honor to have had him as a friend. I learned so much from him. Words cannot describe how empty the world feels without him. Even though we only saw each here and there - sometimes maybe once a year - it was of great comforting knowing he was around and would show up to help on a moment's notice.

Sorry to near this but thankful,for his,salvation and testimony. I hope it brings his family some peace.

John
Hey John,

Thank you. I believe the fact that Sean made his peace with God as well as his fate did bring some peace to his mother. As much as it hurts her to have lost him, she is happy that he was perfectly fine with it. He was ready to meet the Lord.

The day after he was brought home from the hospital, a huge bbq was thrown at his house at his request, so he could as many of his family and friends as he could. Man what a turnout! One of the visitors was a pastor he had been hoping to hear in church. The pastor, a very kind and to-the-point man, gave him a short private sermon. He said to Sean "I understand I am here because you are going to meet the Lord." The rest of us put our heads down, not knowing what kind of answer to expect. Sean looked at the pastor calmly and replied with a smile "yes I am". :)

And he never talked about it again. After that, every time I'd see him, it was always "as soon as I get better, we are gonna..." And I'd say "you bet we will...", still holding out hope that it was never too late for a miracle...

Sorry for your loss,,, May God give you peace and the family also.... I just spent a few days with a friend that gave cancer a good fight for About four years..:smash:

And now was sent home to go in peace,, So I know how you feel brother.. Keep your head up high, That is what Sean would want...Thanks for being there for him..;)
Hey Randy,

My condolences on your loss, brother. Seems like you and I are in the same boat. And I still remember that hotrodder friend of yours on another forum who passed a while back. I will never forget how he took the time to say goodbye to everyone. I kept thinking about him as I spent time with Sean. Such brave souls in the face of death.

I'm glad you were able to spend a few days with your friend. It really helps to bring some closure and no regrets about not having been there at the end. Prayers for your friend and his family and for you :)

I don't know how I missed this thread, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. If he made people feel the way he made you feel, he was an angel on earth and we are better for his short time here. Prayers are coming for Sean as well as family and friends. :(

Brian
Hey Brian,

Thank you, he truly was an angel on earth. Very kind, brave, and giving. I hope to carry the same values with me.

Thanks for reading. God bless and thank you so much for being there... :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts